myspace.com login times out (also in IE)

User Help for Mozilla Firefox

myspace.com login times out (also in IE)

Post by Guest »

recently, without installing or changing any components of my computer, let alone firefox, myspace.com has suddenly become inaccessible. when i try to login, it stalls for a long time and then gives me the firefox default "Problem Loading Page - The connection has timed out
The server at collect.myspace.com is taking too long to respond." response.

it happened when my friends were on my computer, and they are retarded, so they may have done something - i'm not really sure. somehow, the problem has transcended over into IE - it gives me the "Cannot Find Server - The page cannot be displayed" error.

i have flushed my dns, updated and run ad-aware, restarted multiple times, deleted my history, cookies, saved passwords, and cache, tried it in IE, banged my head against my wall, contemplated throwing my computer out the window, and searched these forums. nothing has worked. my pipelining tweaks in about:config are all set to False and my max requests is at 8. i've shift+refreshed to make sure it loads from web - no luck. my hosts file hasn't been altered at all, the only entry in there is the default one. i don't have a user.js file, so it can't have been incorrectly tweaked. i've toggled ipv6 and it didn't help (its set on false now). i really don't know what else to do, short of reinstalling - and i'd really like to avoid that.

myspace.com works for my friends as i write this, so it has to be a problem on my end. i have no trouble logging onto other sites (like gmail), so i'm fairly certain its myspace versus me, and i'm losing.

i have firefox 1.5.0.3 and windows XP. please help, before i slit my wrists in frustration =P
thanks in advance everyone

Post by Guest »

i have the same problem. i'm logged into myspace and check out profiles and stuff, but it wont let me log into my home page >=(

Post by Guest »

anyone? anything?

Post by Guest »

I'm having the exact same problem. It stopped working last night and hasn't worked since.
Cyberfox

Post by Cyberfox »

I have experienced the problem sporadically. I just thought it was their server since they do have over 70 million people on...

Post by Guest »

if anyone can PLEASE figure something out, PLEASEEEE POST IT. I'm having the exact same problem.

if you can email me about it at
starchildhadguns@yahoo.com
i'd really appreciate it. thank you!

Post by Guest »

it randomly works now. alright, i guess thats a fix.
CandySlush

Re: myspace.com login times out (also in IE)

Post by CandySlush »

Anyone have the answer? This sucks. It's been over 2 weeks since myspace worked. I even tried Explorer incase it was firefox, but nothing. It doesn't work for any computer in my house hold. And it can't be Norton's antivirus for some reason because one computer doesn't have it and MS still won't work.

Google doesn't have the answers! This is all I have found!

http://forums.cnet.com/5208-6122_102-0. ... um-threads

But still no answer there! Only thing I was told was that it may be a virus worm called 'mydoom' which is effecting microsoft sites.
LIMPET235

Re: myspace.com login times out (also in IE)

Post by LIMPET235 »

Check with MySpace then?
Please check the date/s of the thread before posting.
Start a new thread if you want.
Locking this relic.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)