how to telnet from firefox?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
VanillaMozilla

Post by VanillaMozilla »

Security bugs sometimes get fixed in a couple of days. Any bug that seriously impairs the functionality would get fixed quickly, as long as someone could figure out how. A bug like this is not going to get prompt attention. Actually, it may not get attention at all unless someone takes an interest. A modern browser is a very fancy thing that is expected to do just about everything in any possible environment. There are a lot of things clamoring for attention.

While you are waiting, and waiting, are you <i>sure</i> you have it set up correctly? What about those extra spaces? Just checking.
Severino

Post by Severino »

VanillaMozilla wrote:Security bugs sometimes get fixed in a couple of days. Any bug that seriously impairs the functionality would get fixed quickly, as long as someone could figure out how. A bug like this is not going to get prompt attention. Actually, it may not get attention at all unless someone takes an interest. A modern browser is a very fancy thing that is expected to do just about everything in any possible environment. There are a lot of things clamoring for attention.

That's exactly why I mentioned it's frustating that when people go and try to convince others to switch from other browsers to Firefox, and bump on bugs like this, having as an only advice, to suggest people to file a bug report. And when they see that such bug report is untouched for more than 6 months, the frustration escalates, and when they see the reasons you mentioned, the frustration then turns into a disdain towards a structure of development that many praises as perfect, opening doors to comments like: "you see how these Firefox or opensource people are? They often announce things that they cannot do or don't have interest to do".
And then, what's next argument when one is trying to convince people to switch? Or, better than that, where's the evanglist team? They should be prepared or help others out there to be prepared to counter such arguments, otherwise people would stop advocating Firefox, just to avoid embarassing situations like this.
I don't want to discredit or bash at Firefox. Rather, I just saw a flaw (small, but still a flaw) in the campaign to adopt or switch to Firefox. If I am insisting on this is just for the sake of improving a healthy argumentative debate on this issue. I really don't know what to say and I don't believe it's nice to tell new users that there are more important things that Firefox team would focus rather than that bug.
VanillaMozilla wrote:While you are waiting, and waiting, are you sure you have it set up correctly? What about those extra spaces? Just checking.

What extra spaces?

Severino
VanillaMozilla

Post by VanillaMozilla »

I can't imagine getting people to switch by telling them they can file bug reports. You might have more success using that line to convert people to MS apps. Just have them call Bill with any little problem, and he'll take care of it right away and get them a new copy.
Severino

Post by Severino »

VanillaMozilla wrote:I can't imagine getting people to switch by telling them they can file bug reports.

I can't imagine either.
Hehehe... nice attempt to distort my words.
You're the second different kid suggesting to turn to MS.
Either you kids overlooked what I wrote or are poking fun.
So far, only got a serious response, from texmex.
Please don't answer anymore if you are up to fun. You're really annoying.
Thanks,
Severino
VanillaMozilla

Post by VanillaMozilla »

Severino wrote:You're the second different kid suggesting to turn to MS.

Not at all. I suggested you use that line on other people.

Look, we can't set up your Linux machine for you. We don't use telnet from Fx. We can't fix the bug for you. We aren't Mozilla. We aren't even Mozilla developers. We're users like you. Nobody's going to drop everything and rearrange their lives just to help you save a few keystrokes, especially with your appreciative attitude.

We tried, but we can't help you. You're supposed to be an empowered Linux user. Now go figure out for yourself how to use telnet, and quit whining to us about it.
Severino

Post by Severino »

Hello?!?!

You and that other kid are the ones who are whinning with your pseudo-help. Yes, pseudo-help, because, first of all, you misdiagnosed the problem I related, and then misapplied the wrong remedies, like you originally did by suggesting dropping telnet for ssh as if I was in control of the server-side of the website that I mentioned. That's a proof that you and the other kid who echoed you just overlooked what I wrote. You both should be practicing to be politicians or should apply for a job at Microsoft (since you both insisted in mentioning it, in your sarcasm).

Second, I'm not asking anyone here to setup any Linux machine nor to drop everything and rearrange their lives to help me save a few keystrokes. That's totally your opinion! I simply made a comment about the way Firefox deals with its evangelization versus its own homework (bug fixing). I even mentioned that it was made for the sake of a debate, not this asinine argumention of yours.

Third, if my comment hurt your feelings, too bad, but that's your problem, and I'm afraid only psychiatrists could more efficiently help you, not ordinary people in Internet fora.

Fourth, I repeat: I only got one positive feedback so far, not from you, not from that other kid who echoed you.

Last but not least, grow up and drop that teenager's attitude. Otherwise, call your buddies and have some fun somewhere else.
old FatJohn

Post by old FatJohn »

Sorry to bump this thread but this is just too hilarious!

* the best browser . . . . . free
* a great community . . . . free
* this thread . . . . . . . . . . priceless!
Severino

Post by Severino »

He he he he!
Are the nachos good fat kid?
old FatJohn

Post by old FatJohn »

Oh yea, liek with x-tra cheese and burritos too BTW!!!11

:locked:
Severino

Post by Severino »

The echo took so long this time.
Daifne