java plugin mozilla firebird help

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
sharkee

java plugin mozilla firebird help

Post by sharkee »

Compiler Version Compiler flags
gcc gcc version 3.3.1 (Mandrake Linux 9.2 3.3.1-2mdk) -Wall -W -Wno-unused -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-align -Wno-long-long -pthread -pipe
c++ gcc version 3.3.1 (Mandrake Linux 9.2 3.3.1-2mdk) -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -Wall -Wconversion -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-align -Woverloaded-virtual -Wsynth -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy -Wno-long-long -fshort-wchar -pthread -pipe -I/usr/X11R6/include.

I have Installed java plug in as per instructions this forum .When i test the browser closes Help Please
Regards Sharkee
Hendikins

Post by Hendikins »

Please start Mozilla Firebird from a terminal, and paste whatever error messages it gives.
sharkee

Post by sharkee »

Please start Mozilla Firebird from a terminal, and paste whatever error messages it gives.
can not start from terminal error mwssage cannot execute .I also tried as root
Regards sharkee
sharkee

Post by sharkee »

can not start from terminal error mwssage cannot execute .I also tried as root
Please ignore above .Ican start from terminal with no errors.
Regards sharkee

Post by Guest »

I had a problem getting java to work with FB .7 also, but eventually found out that if you install java from http://java.sun.com it will give you about 3 plugins with either the jre or the sdk. Create a symbolic link to the plugin that is stored in /usr/java/<java_version>/plugin/i386/ns610-gcc32/libjavaplugin_oji.so. "<java_version>" is different for the jre and the sdk.

FYI, to create the link, go to the MozillaFirebird/plugins directory and type:

ln -s /usr/java/<java_version>/jre/plugin/i386/ns610-gcc32/libjavaplugin_oji.so libjavaplugin_oji.so