Server taking too long to respond on yahoo, hotmail and more

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Wolfscar

Server taking too long to respond on yahoo, hotmail and more

Post by Wolfscar »

Hey there.

Recently I can't view pages from Yahoo, Hotmail, HSBC and a few others using Firefox. I can view them fine with IE, so it must be FF specific. When I try to load them it pauses for a little while then tells me that the 'server was taking too long to respond'.

Can anybody help me with this - it's really getting on my nerves. I don't want to have to go back to IE.

Cheers.

WS.

Post by Guest »

I don't know about Hotmail or HSBC, but I had to go through IE just to set up a Yahoo email account because FF wouldn't allow me to do so. Once I got my Yahoo email account, I went back to FF, which is my default Browser, accessed the Yahoo Search engine, and had to download the Yahoo Toolbar to be able to access my Yahoo email account. While FF seems to work fine with Google, for some reason or another, FF doesn't like Yahoo. Hope this has given you some insight as to just what I had to go through just to be able access my Yahoo email account through FF. Maybe someone else can help you as far as Hotmail, HSBC and some of the others you're having trouble with. It's unfortunate that FF doesn't have an actual support team to help us with some of the troubles we encounter with FF.
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

I've never had problems accessing Yahoo mail or Hotmail with Firefox.
I don't know about your bank.

Did you check your firewall settings: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Error_loading ... #Firewalls ?

Does the SSL test work: http://kb.mozillazine.org/SSL_is_disabled ?
Laurie2

Re: Server taking too long to respond on yahoo, hotmail and more

Post by Laurie2 »

Hi Wolfscar, I can't access hsbc anymore either with FF, with the same error message. Did you find a solution please? Cheers, Laurie
LIMPET235

Re: Server taking too long to respond on yahoo, hotmail and more

Post by LIMPET235 »

Laurie2...
Would you please start a new thread, stating your problem & leave these oldies (4 years?), to R.I.P.
Thank you.
Locking.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)