"Close Tab" and "Go"

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Santiago

"Close Tab" and "Go"

Post by Santiago »

Hello!

1) Is there a way to get the "Close Tab" Option to the top of the menu, when right-clicking on a tab? It annoys me that I always have to go to the bottom of the menu to do that, since it's usually the only option of that menu I use.

2) In the secound section of the Go-menu is a list of sites I visited. Is there a way to get that function deactivated?

I am using Firebird 0.7
c∂n

Post by c∂n »

generally only by extension or hacking the xbl/xul code

toolkit.jar!/content/global/widgets/tabbrowser.xml
[ toolkit.jar!/content/global/bindings/tabbrowser.xml for newer nightlies ]

1. reordering xul:menuitems in this section of code

Code: Select all

<binding id="tabbrowser">
    <resources>
      <stylesheet src="chrome://global/skin/browser.css"/>
    </resources>

<content>
      <xul:stringbundle src="chrome://global/locale/tabbrowser.properties"/>
      <xul:tabbox flex="1" xbl:inherits="handleCtrlPageUpDown"
                  onselect="if (!('updateCurrentBrowser' in this.parentNode) || event.target.localName != 'tab$
        <xul:hbox class="tabbrowser-strip chromeclass-toolbar" collapsed="true" tooltip="_child" context="_chi$
          <xul:tooltip onpopupshowing="event.preventBubble(); if (document.tooltipNode.hasAttribute('label')) $
          <xul:menupopup onpopupshowing="this.parentNode.parentNode.parentNode.updatePopupMenu(this);">
            <xul:menuitem label="&newTab.label;" accesskey="&newTab.accesskey;"
                          xbl:inherits="oncommand=onnewtab"/>
            <xul:menuseparator/>
            <xul:menuitem label="&reloadTab.label;" accesskey="&reloadTab.accesskey;"
                          oncommand="var tabbrowser = this.parentNode.parentNode.parentNode.parentNode;
                                     tabbrowser.reloadTab(tabbrowser.mContextTab);"/>
            <xul:menuitem label="&reloadAllTabs.label;" accesskey="&reloadAllTabs.accesskey;"
                          tbattr="tabbrowser-multiple"
                                     tabbrowser.reloadAllTabs(tabbrowser.mContextTab);"/>
            <xul:menuitem label="&closeOtherTabs.label;" accesskey="&closeOtherTabs.accesskey;"
                                     tabbrowser.removeAllTabsBut(tabbrowser.mContextTab);"/>
            <xul:menuseparator/>
            <xul:menuitem label="&closeTab.label;" accesskey="&closeTab.accesskey;"
                                     tabbrowser.removeTab(tabbrowser.mContextTab);"/>
          </xul:menupopup>

browser.jar!/content/browser/browser.xul

2. removing onpopupshowing ( and possibly onpopuphiding ) in this code

<menupopup id="goPopup" onpopupshowing="updateGoMenu(this);" onpopuphiding="onGoMenuHidden();">
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

To close the active tab, I find it much easier to just click on the Close Tab "X" icon at the extreme right of the tab bar.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 124.0.2 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 124.2.0/115.9.0 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
Santiago

Post by Santiago »

1. Worked! Thanks.

2. Didn't work, but i've found this section in browser.xul

<menu label="&goMenu.label;" accesskey="&goMenu.accesskey;" oncommand="var url = event.target.getAttribute('statustext'); if (url) openTopWin(url);">
              <menupopup id="goPopup" onpopupshowing="updateGoMenu(this);" onpopuphiding="onGoMenuHidden();">
                <menuitem label="&backCmd.label;"    accesskey="&backCmd.accesskey;"    key="goBackKb"    command="Browser:Back"/>
                <menuitem label="&forwardCmd.label;" accesskey="&forwardCmd.accesskey;" key="goForwardKb" command="Browser:Forward"/>
                <menuitem label="&goHomeCmd.label;"    accesskey="&goHomeCmd.accesskey;"    command="Browser:Home" key="goHome"/>
                <menuseparator id="startHistorySeparator"/>
                <menuseparator hidden="true" id="endHistorySeparator"/>
                <menuitem accesskey="&historyCmd.accesskey;" command="viewHistorySidebar" key="key_gotoHistory"/>
              </menupopup>
            </menu>

I've simply removed the lines
<menuseparator id="startHistorySeparator"/>
<menuseparator hidden="true" id="endHistorySeparator"/>

and it worked. The list of visited sites is gone.
Thanks again.