mailto link in Firebird 0.7

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
smikesmith

mailto link in Firebird 0.7

Post by smikesmith »

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; WinNT4.0; en-US; rv:1.5) Gecko/20031007 Firebird/0.7

I find that a clicking Mailto: link in a doc launches a dialog "mailto is not a registered protocol". Have I broken something or is this a normal behavior in 0.7? Where does the registration for such protocols occur, in Firebird Prefs or in Win Registry?

Thunderbird is MailNews, and has registry entry for mailto protocol.

Post by Guest »

Try a search for "mailto is not a registered protocol" (all terms).
gorunmez

Post by gorunmez »

installing mozex extension worked for me
http://mozex.mozdev.org/installation.html
(on linux)
smikesmith

Post by smikesmith »

mozex is apparently not recommended for this particular use in Windows, because the browser is supposed to do this without external assistance. I can get Mozex to open a mail compose window, but I can't seem to get the mailto name inserted.
Old psaulm119

Post by Old psaulm119 »

smikesmith, I had a similar but not exactly the same problem. For me, I could get an email (T-bird) compose window to open up, but not with the intended recipient's email address inserted. However, I didn't get an error message. I had to add something to the protocol.

My solution was:
Go to Tools/FolderOptions/File Types. Select the URL Mail to protocol. Click on Advanced, then Edit. I had to insert the following to the end of the T-bird path:

-compose %1

This part goes after the thunderbird.exe" in my path.

Perhaps this will help.
smikesmith

Post by smikesmith »

Paul,
There is no "FolderOptions/FileTypes" under Tools. I'm assuming you mean in Firebird.

I knew about the -compose for T-bird. Is there a list of other options somewhere?
smikesmith

Post by smikesmith »

I'm getting the feeling I busted something somewhere along the way, perhaps in the NT registry, but I can't seem to find where the protocols should be registered, or how.

I can't seem to get "Send Page" to work, either, but I'm pretty sure it used to. BTW, the only "Send Page" right click option is to send as link, and I thought that there was supposed to be more choice in 0.7??