Scrolling doesnt work

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
StenlyAR

Scrolling doesnt work

Post by StenlyAR »

My mouse has a scrolling ball. It doesn't work in Mozilla 0.7 firebird(windows), but works in all other applications. Please, help!
John Liebson

Post by John Liebson »

What mouse? What specific release of Firebird, from Help\About? What theme is in use?

Post by Guest »

samsung ps/2 optical wheel mouse, win xp, Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.5) Gecko/20031007 Firebird/0.7, theme Mozilla Firebird

i've just installed Mozilla Thunderbird 0.4 (20031205) and it has the same problem (mouse scrolling wheel doesn't work)
John Liebson

Post by John Liebson »

Does that mouse have its own software? If so, perhaps you need to make a change there. (I'm only guessing, as I'm not familiar with that mouse, but do know that Logitech's software can make a difference in how its mice work with Mozilla applications.)
StenlyAR

Post by StenlyAR »

yes, it has its software and it's installed...that driver can only change number of lines for scrolling and it's possible to disable it in some applications.
John Liebson

Post by John Liebson »

Last guess: A quick search for "Scrolling" indicates that the use of Smooth Scrolling and Auto Scrolling, in Tools, Options, Advanced, might have an effect--although the one thread I read about this was related to later releases than you are using.

Other than that, sorry, I'm done guessing--but you might try a MozillaZine search yourself.

Post by Guest »

it WORKS!!!! i've disabled the mouse software.....thanks