Optichat and Firebird = No?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Klinge

Optichat and Firebird = No?

Post by Klinge »

Hi-o.

So I'm on Teenchat the other day using Internet Explorer having as fun a time as one would expect on a site called Teenchat, and then I figured I could cover more ground and keep even more preoccupied on my off-time with two (OMG NO WYA!!!1) chatrooms loaded. The site uses some little gizmo called Optichat, and unfortunately when you try to load a different room it takes you out of your current room to put you in the other room. So an obvious work-around seemed like using my other (main) browser, Firebird. I would normally use Firebird everywhere, but couldn't get it to work here before but it didn't bother me too much -- I figured I'd just use IE. No big deal.

But that site has insane popups, yet can be somewhat tamed with the Google Bar. If I could I'd like to be able to make Firebird be able to launch the chat, and it finally peeved me enough to seek out help.

And that brings me here.

So the question is, is there anyway to make Optichat work with Firebird? When I try to load it (disable popups momentarily so it can launch its separate window) it just sits at the Loading screen... not getting anywhere. I have JRE installed and working, Flash, Shockwave... Don't know if that matters any but it probably couldn't hurt. So for anyone that actually knows what is and isn't going on with my browser, or if someone can tell me how to make it work, or simply tell me something along the lines of "Optichat won't work with Mozilla, dipshit." I'd much appreciate it.

KTHX,

Klinge.