www.bbandt.com issue under firebird

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
chargrilled

www.bbandt.com issue under firebird

Post by chargrilled »

I don't know if this is a problem with firebird per se or rather bad coding on the website backend. I am running Windows XP Pro and have been using firebird since the .5 release. I am now running the .7 release. I have one website, well two if you count the constant updates of windowsupdate.com, that I have to use IE for. It is my banks website. www.bbandt.com I can access everything fine but the online banking part where you can view your account information and such. I download the uabar and tried it setting it to every available option but it still does not render properly. I even emailed the support but was told firebird was not listed as one of their compatible browsers.

You can see the problem if you choose online banking - demo under the online services section on the right hand side. The accessing account part you see at the top is what you should see after pressing logon but you instead get that at the top. So if the problem is not firebird but rather the website are there any workarounds so that I can use firbird?

Thank you for your time
old Neil Parks

Post by old Neil Parks »

Confirming with Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win 9x 4.90; en-US; rv:1.7a) Gecko/20040106 Firebird/0.7+ (aebrahim).

The page looks quite different in FB from what it does in IE, and the Logon button has no effect.

As to Firebird not being supported: The bank may not be familiar with that name. But its requirements page does mention Netscape. Tell them that Firebird is the newest browser from the authors of Netscape and Mozillla, and that it's based on Netscape 7.

Post by Guest »

Someone told me that the problem had something to do with documents.layers or something like that. I'm not a web designer or anything so that doesn't mean a lot to me, but I did mention that to the bank but I never got a reply back. Thanks