Error says SSL disabled

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
looukey

Error says SSL disabled

Post by looukey »

In Mozailla Firebird, I cant access any page where a password is required, it gives my a message that says SSL disabled.

Under options all three SSL boxes are checked.

Under Tools/More Options I get an error message when opening that says:

XML Parsing Error: endefined entity
Location; chrome://ttlo2/content/pref.xul
Line Number 130, Column 15:

Label="&proxies.label;" orient="vertical" type="radio"
--------------^

Its very annoying because I have to use IE for email and buying things and such

I have tried reinstalling the entire program thinking that if I deleted all bits of firebird from my computer and restarted it would work but it does not, so I am at a loss from what I can do.

Post by Guest »

If I could figure out how to delete the hidden files that accompany mozilla, the ones that remain when I reinstall or upgrade versions I could start over. That is probably something that more people will have experience with it.
old momokatte

Post by old momokatte »

The error you're getting is from the Things They Left Out extension, which may be installed to your profile folder. You can disable the extension, create a new profile, or manually remove the extension.
!cdn

Post by !cdn »

ttlo has been fixed since August, when Firebird proxy prefs were adjusted
<!-- kerz is a spoil sport -->

Post by Guest »

I disabled the extension and I still get the same SSL error, although the more options tab under tools is gone.

Post by Guest »

I reinstalled the Things they left out extention and now my more options menu works.

However, my main problem still persists which is the error message I get that says SSL disabled and I cannot access any page with a password. Under options and advanced I have both SSL options selected and the TLS option selected. I also have SSL enabled in my internet preferences.