Strange scrollwheel behaviour (Win2k)

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Kilowatt

Strange scrollwheel behaviour (Win2k)

Post by Kilowatt »

When I scroll up to the top of a page with the mouse scrollwheel, Firebird decides to scroll back one page (same effect as clicking on the back button). MS Optical mouse on Win2K SP4. If this is an optional behaviour, I can't see where to change it.

This is only a recent occurrence, although I had made no changes to Firebird, OS or mouse when it occurred. I have since updated to the most recent build of Firebird in case there had been a fix for the problem
dacovale

Post by dacovale »

Do you have any extensions installed?
Have you updated the drivers for your mouse?
I'm nice
Kilowatt

Post by Kilowatt »

dacovale wrote:Do you have any extensions installed?
Have you updated the drivers for your mouse?
I have the "Things they left out" and "open in IE" extensions installed, but they have been running for sometime, long before these symptoms arose. I doubt that these would have any impact on mouse behavour.
dacovale

Post by dacovale »

what about the drivers?
Also, have you checked your keyboard to see that no keys are stuck? (accidentally triggering shortcuts)
I'm nice
WxChat.com

Post by WxChat.com »

I am running a Logitech MX 310 optical and have not seen a problem with the page scrolling. MF 0.7 WIN2K SP3

Aaron

Post by Guest »

I have the same behaviour but it happens when you scroll up via the wheel and motion left/right. Moving the mouse left after scrolling up takes me back and motioning right moves me forward.

Post by Guest »

i'm having this very problem and it's a touch bewildering.
it even happens on the latest build.
any help on this would be swell.