Printing Web Pages

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

Suki-s,

File > Print Preview = what do you see?

Ed
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
Suki-s

print problem

Post by Suki-s »

Using the pages I mentioned in my last post, I see nothing in preview... it won't allow a preview of those pages at all. A dialogue box pops up and says it's processing for a second and then that vanishes with no result. I tried it again this afternoon with FedEx.com and couldn't get that to print either.
Brianabcd

Printing problems

Post by Brianabcd »

After experiencing problems in printing more than one page of e-mails (i.e. omission of the rest of the e-mail), especially in Yahoo, I experimented and found that selecting all with CTRL + A then printing using the Selection radio button in Print produced the proper result. This approach may apply to other printing problems, though the e-mail problem is the only one I've had wiith the current Firefox version. Brian
ssulibrary

Post by ssulibrary »

pauledst wrote:I've got a similiar problem. Can't print a page on the Amazon.com web site. FireFox crashes and "must close". I've tried all the above on this thread with no luck. Also went through the troubleshooting steps elsewhere on this site including deleting and reinstalling FireFox.
Running:XP Pro
FireFox 1.5.0.6
One printer; HP1200 LaserJet

Everything worked fine until a few days ago. No new programs or hardware added that I know of. I'm behind a router and satelite modem and Win XP firewall. Nortons antivirus is running active. Win update set for automatic download and install. Haven't tried uninstalling latest Win updates.
Anyone have a clue?

I am experiencing the same problem with Firefox and Amazon.com. Tried reinstalling Firefox, trashing preferences, clean installs. Happens on both Mac (10.4.7) and PC (WinXP - latest patches) using Firefox 1.5.0.7 and printing to both HP and Dell/Lexmark printers.

I would appreciate ANY suggestions.
ssulibrary

Post by ssulibrary »

the-edmeister: is there a comparable about:config option on the Mac version of firefox 1.5.0.7?

The exact operation system that I am running is - OSX 10.4.7

Thank you for sharing your experience and knowledge.
Geoff K

Post by Geoff K »

Similar problems on an iMac, 10.3.9. Sometimes cuts off 2-3 letters worth of an edge, usually the left edge. Sometimes prints one page when the site i wish to print is 2+ pages long. In this case, it appears the web site is one long page and Firefox can't break it up into several 11" pages. This seems to be site specific, perhaps a certain type of web software? Never will it let me print a selection. The print selection box is always grey. This is disturbing. I want a paragraph and have to print a dozen pages. When this happens i copy it to another program and select from there.

I'm not a power usere... perhaps only semi computer literate is a better way to describe me.

Geoff
Geoff Kloster
gary123

firefox print problem

Post by gary123 »

i have same problem - think it occurred after one of recent firefox "auto" updates
i cant put finger on date when started - but at least a month or 2 now
running xp (home) on pc
now running beta 2.0 version (hoping it fixed problem - it did not)
was running version 1.5.0.7
i tried the about:config rest of print:print_pinter - no change
can someone from "firefox" please address this situation
the only way i can print from firfeox (and have something readable) is to cut/past html into word - workaround but pain
IE works fine so not a printer/pc issue
gary123

web page print problem

Post by gary123 »

after searching other forum threads - found a solution that i tried and IT WORKED!!!!!!!
somehow (for firefox only-not IE) my hp 3310 all-in-one printer paper size (under print properties paper/quality tab)
was set to borderless 4 by 6 inches instead of letter. changing to letter fixed problem . please pass onto others you know who may have this problem.
again my symptom was entire page scrunched up in lower left corner (about the size of a 4 x 6 inch paper!!!)

i do USe printer to print 4x6 pictures - but not from firefox
either directly form my computer photo folder or some photo app
don't understand why it changed firefox but not IE print paper size????

good luck to all - hope this helps someoNe
wish firefox people could post global solution to problems like this
Paula (Guest)

not able to print web pages using mozilla firefox -

Post by Paula (Guest) »

This is a new problem for me - very annoying - update bug?
Print preview pane is empty.
I can print if I copy/paste to another program.
I can print using dreaded Internet Explorer.
Help please - I do not want to go back there!
riversk

Web pages not printing correctly; new All In One

Post by riversk »

I've reviewed a bunch of threads, but still haven't solved the problem fully for me.

Firefox was working fine, and printing web pages fine, using Lexmark z22 printer.
Upgraded to Lexmark X8350 printer/copier/scanner, etc.
and can no longer print web pages.

On Print Preview, it also messes up.
When the page prints, about one page of web stuff prints, and the
rest of the page (smushes) between the page outlines, and doesn't print.

Have tried about:config, checking paper size, shrink to fit, and nothing works.

The only thing that does work was one suggestion of Select All (I have to do via right mouse button)
and then Print Selection from print window.

But, that's a pretty big workaround for this problem that didn't exist before.

Windows XP, Firefox 1.5.0.7, Lexmark X8350.

Help, please.

K. Rivers
JX (guest)

No text on printed page

Post by JX (guest) »

I also have problem with printing from firefox - in both PrintPreview and actual output most of the text is missing.
Graphics are in place, Headers & footers also, but text is missing. just blank area. And this happens with most of
webpages. I use WinXP, printer HP LJ 4200 tn. Refresh, select all doesn't help. Any ideas?
jgwicks

Re: Printing problem - help!

Post by jgwicks »

Suki-s wrote:I have been trying to get several pages to print from Firefox (version 1.5.0.6): one an airline ticket confirmation from spiritair.com and one a listing on realtor.com. I have tried printing to a Samsung ML-2250 laser and an HP 1215 inkjet as well as to PDF and to PostScript... all on a Mac G5 running OS 10.4.7.... nothing is working. The pages print fine from Safari so I think it is a Firefox issue. When I try to print to PDF and save to desktop I can see a flash of the icon and file name for a second where the saved file would normally appear, but it vanishes and no file is produced. Weird. Any suggestions?

If you upgraded Firefox after any uprade to Mac OS, think it overwrites something important to printing. I had the same problem, with both AOL and Firefox not printing but Safari did. The print window would apear and in a flash it was gone and nothing happened. It was a ghost job. I have since ARCHIVE & INSTALLED the OS and everything prints again with no problems. Sometimes it's best to stick with what works and forget the upgrades.
nvl

Post by nvl »

Add me to the list of people having problems printing from the Web. This problem started about ten days ago, prior to that I had no difficulties.
NoneGiven

Printing in Firefox

Post by NoneGiven »

Check Page Setup > Margins, Headers & Footers. Often one of the margins will be 25.0 instead of .25.

Why, I dunno. It's happened to a couple of folks.
ff_fan

Re: No text on printed page

Post by ff_fan »

JX (guest) wrote:I also have problem with printing from firefox - in both PrintPreview and actual output most of the text is missing.
Graphics are in place, Headers & footers also, but text is missing. just blank area. And this happens with most of
webpages. I use WinXP & FF 1.5.0.6. Refresh, select all doesn't help. Any ideas?

i have the same problem yea...i wanna print whole page...but it prints only some header..other is all blank in preview of printing and actually printing. :?