scroller not showing up

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
WxChat.com

scroller not showing up

Post by WxChat.com »

Ok I am java enabled and installed the 1_4_1_06 SUN Java and tested it and it works. Now I cant get this to work on my site here is a thread that I started in the Misc support not knowing about this forum

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 8b4d454888

Aaron
Pike

Post by Pike »

Answered on the other thread.
WxChat.com

Post by WxChat.com »

thanks looking at it now ;)

Aaron
WxChat.com

Post by WxChat.com »

Pike if I emailed you the original code could you take a look at it and convert it to Mozilla compatiable? I have tried to copy and paste your code from the <script> </script> and it still did not work. If you can help please let me know either by this thread or Email me aaron@wxchat.com

Thanks M8
Aaron
WxChat.com

Post by WxChat.com »

I see that you changed

Code: Select all

document.body.children.incoming.children.stories.children[theCurrentWeather].children.Summary.innerText;

with this

Code: Select all

document.getElementById("SiteLink" + theCurrentWeather).innerHTML;

Sorry I am new to this Java scripting. I can manupulate a script that is running but not write one myself :( I am just trying to not bother to many peeps on this script. I will keep messing with it though.

Aaron
Pike

Post by Pike »

My version was a quick-fix (but incompatible) demonstation, to give you something to work with. The reason you probably can't get it to work is that I changed the ids in your HTML since they weren't unique. I don't know how the file is generated but ideally you would be able to change the format of the HTML in your file to create divs with unique ids. If this is not possible (or easy) then it should be possible to use other DOM methods to get the same effect.

Anyway send me the information (to pike@pikey.me.uk) and I'll take a look tomorrow (assuming someone here hasn't provided a fixed version by then).

Post by Guest »

Thank you Pike for all your help M8! I appreciate it and will not forget it.

Aaron