flash player disappears...

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
PunkyFish

flash player disappears...

Post by PunkyFish »

](*,)

i have a problem with firebird, which is everytime i launch it, i have to reinstall all the extensions i have already installed (which are : flash player 7, java), they just disappear, without any warning, which is quite strange and really annoying.
if you can help, i will be glad....

PS: i use winxp.... (sorry ;-))
xfranky

Post by xfranky »

Did you copy firebird from a cd? Do you have all the rights on the folder you installed it in?
..::XF::..
PunkyFish

Post by PunkyFish »

no, i downloaded it from internet (from the official firebird site, if i remember well), and as long as it's my own computer, i have the admin rights, so i can install what i want, where i want...

Post by Guest »

having the same problem. I downloaded as well
xfranky

Post by xfranky »

Try running firebird keeping an eye on the /plugins folder and see when (if) the plugins get deleted while firebird is running, closing it or opening it...
PunkyFish

Post by PunkyFish »

well, i just had a look to the extensions panel, in the options menu, and there are no extensions installed, even if i installed flash in this session, and it does work.... that's odd, because the installer detects firebird automatically, so it should work normally... well..
xfranky

Post by xfranky »

Flash is not an extension. Type about:plugins in the address bar and see what happens
PunkyFish

Post by PunkyFish »

well thank you, i didn't know the about:plugins stuff, it's very useful, but doesn't solve my problem : the macromedia plugins (flash & shockwave) disappear everytime i quit firebird... The other stay unlike what i told you in my first post, but those macromedia stuff goes out to pick flowers, which is not exactly where i want them.....
laszlo

Post by laszlo »

Set plugin.expose_full_path in about:config to true to check the full paths of your Macromedia plugins in about:plugins and post back what you find.
PunkyFish

Post by PunkyFish »

D:\web\MOZILLAFIREBIRD\FIREBIRD\plugins\NPSWF32.dl

which is odd, i never noticed that i had a mozillafirebird folder, with a firebird executable in it, and in that folder another firebird folder, with another executable... but i only installed it once, i'm sure of that
it could be the source of the problem... nice shot!
laszlo

Post by laszlo »

I'm not sure what caused this "folder chaos" ;), but if you put the plugin dlls into the plugins subdir of the folder with the mozillafirebird.exe you're actually using it should work.
"I'll be dead after I die. I was dead before I was born. Life is a break from death." - Hlynur, 101 Reykjavík
PunkyFish

Post by PunkyFish »

well, the folder chaos problem is not solved, but the flash player works.. It picked up flowers but they are now on the table and the plugin looks at me with eyes that say "did i do something wrong, look i brought you flowers..."
well thanx you all, i'm going tol sleep, looks like i need some!! ;-)