Firebird will not execute?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
frank860

Firebird will not execute?

Post by frank860 »

ok, maybe i'm being dense here. i have had mozilla 1.4b installed and running for some time now and it is my default browser. I installed firebird in a separate subdirectory of mozilla.org (e.g. i have mozilla 1.4b in mozilla.org\mozilla where it normally default installs itself and when installing firebird i created a new directory such that it exists in mozilla.org\mozilla firebird) so both browsers would simply be subdirectories of the main mozilla.org directory to keep things organized on my hard drive and to not combine both browsers's components into the same directory, which is what the install program wanted to do

During installation, I replied "NO" to the "do u want to use mozilla as ur defalt browser," thinking that i don't know firebird yet and besides, Mozilla is my current browser anyway.

But when I attempt to run firebird from the new desktop icon, which is the standard mozilla icon (even after renaming its executable file "mozilla.exe" to "mozillaF.exe" to make it unique from mozilla 1.4b), the normal v1.4b program opens. In help/about it shows mozilla v 1.4b and NOT firebird.

What am i doing wrong? i can't seem to open firebird.

Frank

Post by Guest »

Have you tried to double click the MozillaFirebird.exe directly from explorer? Sounds to me as though the short cut has found mozilla.exe first and changed the shortcut...