Amazon.com webpages fail to load 9 times of 10.

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

Before uninstalling FasterFox make sure that you reset the Fasterfox settings to default.
kshane

Post by kshane »

Thanks. I did it all, and I'm still having a problem. That would lead me to believe that there's something wrong on my end, although it's happening on both of my computers, and it's also happening to other people. I'm now using .4, and the problem still exists. I'm not sure where to go from here.
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

"That would lead me to believe that there's something wrong on my end, although it's happening on both of my computers, and it's also happening to other people"

Then it could be a problem with your ISP.
You can try to disable IPv6: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Error_loading_websites#IPv6
Also check the other sugestions if that doesn/t work.
kshane

Post by kshane »

That actually seems to have worked. I should have suspected in before, as IPv6 and Comcast have caused problems for me in the past. Thanks for all the good suggestions.
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

You're welcome :wink:
kshane

Post by kshane »

It now seems that disabling IPv6 is not the ultimate answer, at least for me, because it causes other problems. Back to the drawing board I guess.
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

Most DNS servers still use IPv4: which problem(s) do you get if you disable IPv6?
kshane

Post by kshane »

When I disable IPv6 I have a problem with freezing, and although the Amazon problem is annoying, the freezing is worse and effects more sites.
vl

Post by vl »

kshane wrote:When I disable IPv6 I have a problem with freezing, and although the Amazon problem is annoying, the freezing is worse and effects more sites.

For a possible fix to your freezing problems: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_hangs
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/2007072518 Firefox/2.0.0.6
amelia68

Post by amelia68 »

I had the same problem with Amazon. I discovered that my firewall was the cause of it. I recently started using McAfee Privacy Service. I had to put amazon.com on the allow list of websites that can always be accessed. Everything is fine now. To test it, I opened my Amazon bookmark folder in tabs. I have about 100 items saved. It took a little time, but every page loaded.

:D
miha

Post by miha »

I am experiencing a similar error - I have problems with Google Accounts pages. Almost every time Firefox wants to load a page in https from Google it shows an empty page and says Done. If I use 'View source' then I see the source, so the problem is probably in the display of the content.

I am experiencing this error with Firefox 2.0RC1 and is still in 2.0RC2. I haven't had this problem in 1.5.

I will try the IPv6 configuration.
miha

Post by miha »

I have tried IPv6, it didn't help.

I have deleted all the cookies, it didn't help. Then I have disabled the cookies - the pages load normally! Of course they don't function normally, but that is understandable if they are not to use the cookies. When I turned the cookies on again (via user interface) the pages stopped loading again. So I guess it has to be something with the cookies.

Any similar ideas?
Old madperson

Post by Old madperson »

maybe try to clear the browser cache...
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

Recheck your firewall if it has cookie control behavior.

Post by Guest »

I have cleared the browsers cache and it didn't help.
I'm sure the firewall is not blocking the sites, because I didn't change any settings when it stopped working. Except is FF2.0 uses different techniques to manage cookies...

Any other ideas?