Clicking url in OE brings up "Documents & Settings&

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
jsm555

Clicking url in OE brings up "Documents & Settings&

Post by jsm555 »

If this problem has been addressed in this forum, I apologize, but I couldn't find anything that helped:

I downloaded IE7 on one of our computers (I don't know why, I guess I'm just crazy!) Anyway, after that, when I would click a link in an email (Outlook Express) IE7 would run, since it was the default browser. So I changed the default back to Firefox usinig 'folder options' and now when I click a link in OE I get a window for "Documents and Settings" - I've tried using "Internet Options/Programs" and several other tricks that I read about in the forum, but nothing will restore the functionality of Firefox in OE. Firefox IS listed as the "default browser," and it will run if you click a link anywhere else (like within an MSWord document, or a shortcut on the desktop, etc). Only OE seems to have a problem. I finally had to restore the default to IE7, so that I could display the pages from OE. Any ideas?

Post by Guest »

It's a know problem with IE7, among others. The only solutions of which I'm aware is setting IE as default or removing IE7:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/920082/en-us#tocHeadRef

Post by Guest »

bgfunk76

Post by bgfunk76 »

Which version of IE 7 are you using? When i used the first 3 beta versions of IE7 I experienced the same issue. Reverting back to IE6 was the only way for me to fix it. But last week IE7 RC1 (release candidate) was released and I downloaded it and the problem seemed to disappear. Just my 2 cents.
`(•.°)~
jsm555

Post by jsm555 »

Thanks to all for the great advice - I'll give the RC version a try and if it doesn't work, I'll just uninstall IE7 -
jsm555

Post by jsm555 »

Just an update: I downloaded the RC1 version of IE7 and it looks like they've fixed the problem. Thanks for the tip!
bgfunk76

Post by bgfunk76 »

:) Glad that did the trick for you.
`(•.°)~