Firefox not saving Homepage

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Anonymous94

Firefox not saving Homepage

Post by Anonymous94 »

I keep trying to change my firefox homepage but it keeps going back to about:blank. I've tried a few different things and I cant seem to find a solution to this problem. Any help would be appreciated.
old zmanzero

Post by old zmanzero »

old np

Post by old np »

I don't think that's related.

Do other settings change fine?
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

I *think* the home page information is one of the things stored in the localstore.rdf file in your profile. If this file gets corrupted, the program is not able to save your current settings when it exits.

Solution:
  • Exit the program and go into your profile files (info on where to find your profile: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder -- WinXP and Win2000 users, be sure to read the "For Windows 2000 and XP users" note re displaying hidden folders).
  • Delete or rename your localstore.rdf file. NOTE: be sure to delete the localstore.rdf file in your PROFILE, not the one in your program files.
  • Restart the program.

You will have lost a few minor settings that are stored in this file, but you can easily reconfigure them. These settings should now be saved when you exit the program.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 124.0.2 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 124.2.0/115.9.0 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers

Re: Firefox not saving Homepage

Post by Guest »

Didn't work for me.
LIMPET235

Re: Firefox not saving Homepage

Post by LIMPET235 »

Would you please start a new thread, stating your problem & leave these oldies to R.I.P.
Thank you.
Locking.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)