NoScript

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
frienD

NoScript

Post by frienD »

Hello there, I have a problem. I hope you guys/gals can help me out. I recently installed NoScript extension on Firefox(Latest version) and everything is working fine, but I can't seem to access my email account at "Hushmail.com"

They use Java, and I did allow hushmail.com as a trusted site and I added it to my list in NoScript. Before when I didn't have NoScript, I could access my email account at with no problems but now that I got this new extension, I can't access it.

Here is what I normally would do, I would go onto the email website(hushmail) and I type in my email address, hit enter then a java application window comes up(for a few seconds), after that it's suppose to display "Please enter password" but nothing appears this time. Here is a snapshot of how it looks like:

Pic1 will show you the java application engine:
http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/6691/pic1md7.jpg

Pic2 is suppose to display a box where I type in my password. But as you can see, it's blank:
http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/6861/pic2cn5.jpg

So how do I fix this? I'm thinking I should disable NoScript? I would disable it, but I don't know how.

One of the bad things about this is in situations like this, I can't report my problem to hushmail support team because I have a free account and they only help people with "Premium accounts" which sucks. If I give out my report, they will most likely ignore it, or tell me to uninstall the extension. I've dealt with them before, and they were a** holes.
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Moving to Firefox Support where you will be much more likely to get an answer.
greenknight

Post by greenknight »

Disabling an extension is very simple; go to Tools -> Extensions, right-click on the extension, click "Uninstall", then restart Firefox.

<edit>oops, I meant click disable, not uninstall. Duh <end>

If, by "latest version" you mean you've installed Firefox 2 RC1, then it's Tools -> Add-ons -> Extensions tab.
Last edited by greenknight on October 3rd, 2006, 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Win 10 Pro x64, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G 6 core, 3900 MHz (4450 Turbo), AMD Radeon Vega (integrated graphics). 16GB DDR4-3200, Firefox 125.0.1, Developer Edition 126.0b2, Nightly 127.0a1.
frienD

Post by frienD »

^ Yes that is one way to disable it, but is there another way? Because I don't want to keep on uninstalling and reinstalling NoScript everytime I access my email(too much of a hassle)

Is there another way?
InCommunicative

Post by InCommunicative »

Try to allow the domain of your mail-server, like "google.com" instead of "www.google.com" and also check what pages does it redirect you to, if you could acsses them with NS, try without and then add these links to trusted.
frienD

Post by frienD »

I tried that and no luck. I even tried the following

https://mailserver8.hushmail.com/hushmail/index.php

but it could be added to the list. This is weird.
mike_lee

Post by mike_lee »

frienD wrote:I tried that and no luck. I even tried the following

https://mailserver8.hushmail.com/hushmail/index.php

but it could be added to the list. This is weird.

Internet explorer, I can't see any video with firefox, so cnn.com, youtube etc I have to use IE - but at least get IE7. It seems odd though, did you allow globally and try it? There is another extension "splitlink" that will break yahoo if enabled (I never go on MSN)
frienD

Post by frienD »

Thanks for mentioning that. Yes I just tried that and no luck.
greenknight

Post by greenknight »

"Uninstall" was a typo, I meant to say "click disable". Sorry about that, I was tired.
Win 10 Pro x64, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G 6 core, 3900 MHz (4450 Turbo), AMD Radeon Vega (integrated graphics). 16GB DDR4-3200, Firefox 125.0.1, Developer Edition 126.0b2, Nightly 127.0a1.
frienD

Post by frienD »

I finally know what is causing this whole situtation. As I suspected, it is usually my other extensions that get in the way. So the problem lies with "HaH(Hit a Hint extension)"

*Hit a Hint is a mouseless browsing tool. Basically you only use your keyboard to surf the net*

I kept all of my extensions including "NoScript" and uninstalled "Hit a Hint" then I tried to access my email account, and it worked. Just to make sure, I installed Hit a Hint again and tried to access my account but failed. So from my experience and testing, I found that it was Hit a Hint that was causing this.

I don't know if there's a bug in that extension, but as of now I'm not using it. So if anyone can report this to the creator, that would be nice I guess. I would report it to him/her but I don't know where to begin.

*By the way, I DO need Hit a Hint, it's a great tool to have. I haven't touched my mouse for a couple of months now. So if the author or creator can fix that problem, that will be wonderful.
wrf

pruning noscript whitelist is incredibly slow

Post by wrf »

I've been using noscript, which is excellent, for some time, and built up a few hundred entries in my whitelist. So I decided to delete entries that I wasn't going to visit again. I selected the white list and hit delete. Eight (8) CPU minutes later I killed firefox, and trying deleting entries a few at a time. Deleting each entry took several CPU seconds. How can this possibly take so long? This makes me wonder if noscript is running slowly all the time.

Deleting the whitelist bu editing prefs.js worked fine.

Thanks.

Re: NoScript

Post by Guest »

I have installed noscript and everything was working fine but suddenly the noscript status bar icon disappeared. I tried un-installing & re-installing both firefox and noscript but no luck. Any suggestions?
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Please start a new thread as this old one needs to retire.
Locking.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
steviex

Post by steviex »

The best thing to do is post in THIS TOPIC.... viewtopic.php?f=48&t=1070305

This is the thread that the Extension author maintains for NoScript.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.