Free Download Manager

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Ian MacLeod

Free Download Manager

Post by Ian MacLeod »

Some time ago I installed Free Download Manager - can't recall where from - and it worked fine for me. The wife didn't like it tho - a LOT - so it got uninstalled. Now Firefox says it turns downloads over to this uninstalled app/add-on or whatever it is, but nothing happens. Can't find it to re-download, and when I try and download another download manager I get "Invalid data hash, data may be corrupted", or something like.

Help..?
email is: ** e-mail address removed by moderator **

BTW - I'm STRICTLY a user.
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

I removed your e-mail address because we do not give email support. To do so would deprive other users of the information offered in a response to your topic. More importantly, spammers harvest email addresses from public forums like this.

Moving to Firefox Support.
ungawa

Post by ungawa »

FDM is great!

With FF 1.5.0.7 the Free Download Manager / Download Options / Monitoring refused to accept it when I would try to check the bok forcing it to monitor Mozilla. FDM wouldn't accept it.

Now with Firefox 2, FDM does accept that check forcing it to monitor Mozilla. Whatever code was changed for FF2.o seems to have fixed the problem.

So, maybe in your case, stepping up to FF 2.0 may automatically solve your problem, as it also did for me.

Your source for FDM is http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

I don't know what download manager you may have been using, but in our house I force FF to start with Profile Manager. That way, everyone has their own bookmarks, extensions, themes, etc. and one doesn't affect the other.

To use Profile Manager see:

http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile#new
The nice thing about standards in computing is that there are so many from which to choose.
gorum

asx files

Post by gorum »

how do i get it so that free download manager will not interfere? i dont want it to open when i am loading an asx file. asx is when im listening to the radio online