Search bars

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
prospero

Search bars

Post by prospero »

I've checked the FAQ file and the forums and haven't found anything about this topic.

With the add-in Google bar, the built-in search box becomes superfluous (especially if one wishes to retain screen space). Is there any way to get rid of the built in search box and use the Google bar in its place?
-------------------------------------------------------
"Never in history have so many sensible human beings found it so difficult to say something simple." (Don Watson, The death of language)
--------------------------------------------------------
asteko

Post by asteko »

1. Right click on toolbars and choose "Customize"
2. Drag-and-drop search box from toolbar to the area where other available buttons are shown
3. Install Google Toolbar

:)
radgie

Post by radgie »

Right click on the tool bar > Select Customise and just drag off the built in search box as you would a button you didn't want
May We Live In Interesting Times
To Wives And Sweethearts. And Shall Never The Two Meet
John Liebson

Post by John Liebson »

Right-click on toolbar, select "Customize", drag search box onto the pop-up menu.

However, the search box may not be superfluous: You can add quite a few search engines to it by clicking on its icon, selecting "Add engnes...".
prospero

Search bars

Post by prospero »

Yes - I managed to get that far, but I can't find any way to move the Google bar to the position occupied by the search bar - the ability to do this would save some screen space.
-------------------------------------------------------
"Never in history have so many sensible human beings found it so difficult to say something simple." (Don Watson, The death of language)
--------------------------------------------------------

Post by Guest »

I put a link to Google in the Nav. Bar. You can also go to the Google site and drag the button to the toolbar.