back and forward button

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
same same

Re: back and forward button

Post by same same »

I have the same problem the back and forward buttons are not functional any more. make the browser pretty much unusable. It happened when it automatically upgraded to ff3 and I cant work out how get the buttons working again. They are there, just dead... any help?
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

You can try Corrupt_localstore.rdf
(do not delete the localstore.rdf file in the Firefox program installation folder!)

Note: deleting localstore.rdf will reset the toolbar customizations, so you might first try to rename (e.g. localstore.rdf.sav) to test if that solves it.
chea kong heng

Post by chea kong heng »

Hi Guys,

Who can help me how to enable Go Back One Page and Go Forward One Page in Mozilla Firefox 3.1 and It did not save in history when i opened other web site. It all so cannot record bookmarks too. Can you guys hint me how to trouble with these problem? I use Mozilla Firefox in WindowsXP SP2.

If you have any solution, please contact me via email: ** e-mail address removed by moderator **

I am looking forward for your hint.

Thanks
ckh
pgmarwk

Post by pgmarwk »

If you are having that many problems, make a new profile:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Standard_diagnostic_(Firefox)
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

That can be a problem with the file places.sqlite.
The file places.sqlite stores both the bookmarks and the history in Firefox 3.

See Bookmarks history and toolbar buttons not working - Firefox (MozillaZine KB)
Dartman

Post by Dartman »

chea kong heng,

I removed your email address because we do not provide email support. The purpose of a forum is so everyone can help at one universal place. More importantly, spammers like to harvest email addresses from public forums. It's also against forum rules to post your email address in public view.
Alcohol and Calculus don't mix. Never drink and derive.
guptaneeru

Post by guptaneeru »

Its so annoying. Problem persists till 3.0.5 from 1.5.

On opening a new tab URL is messed up. switching between two tabs doesnt change the URL in address bar. So cant copy the links .
jcmelino

Post by jcmelino »

Firefox -- no back button -- 3.5.x Can't get to my profile -- what to do?
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

You are replying to an elderly thread (2006-2008). Locking. Please start a new thread fully describing your problem.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."