passwords

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
rwallis

passwords

Post by rwallis »

the password save option is not offered on some sites, I have checked the tools options to see if they have been excepted and they have not so they should save the password, the passwords were saved on netscape but not on firefox
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Moving to Firefox Support.
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
rwallis

passwords

Post by rwallis »

thanks wow that helped
ndpowell

Post by ndpowell »

the-edmeister wrote:Use the Remember Password bookmarklet:
http://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/forms.html#remember_password

Ed

I'm sorry, but what's in this posting is Greek to me. I'm new with Firefox. I have no idea what a bookmarklet is! There are some sites, like Yahoo, that I want Firefox to remember my logins. A simplification or step-by-step would be great!!!

Thanks!
Tad Ghostal

Post by Tad Ghostal »

^It's like a bookmark, but it's a piece of code. Drag it to your bookmarks toolbar, and click on it when you need to have a password remembered.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20061201 Firefox/2.0.0.6 (Ubuntu-feisty)
When you say 'I wrote a program that crashed Windows', people just stare at you blankly and say 'Hey, I got those with the system, *for free*'.
-- Linus Torvalds
ndpowell

Post by ndpowell »

sumguy231 wrote:^It's like a bookmark, but it's a piece of code. Drag it to your bookmarks toolbar, and click on it when you need to have a password remembered.

I know what the bookmark's tool bar is. A piece of code! I right click on the bookmark's tool bar and it wants a URL. I am afraid I am still lost here. Sorry!!!! Been using IE for too many years.

EDIT: Never mind. I figured it out. That little gray box in the article is what I needed to drag up on the bookmark tool bar. For future reference, you might say this is what to do!