Windows Media Player Error Message C00D0FEA

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Ptath

Windows Media Player Error Message C00D0FEA

Post by Ptath »

Firstly, I have read "Sticky: Quicktime/Real/Windows Media Player Issues (Windows)" in this forum, and also googled the error message given in the "Subject" above.

I transferred to Firefox 2.0.0.2 because IE7 kept on freezing up on me after opening a series of tabs so, after much frustration I downloaded FF and found it to be so much better than IE7 ... and no freezing ... YAY!

The only problem I am having is downloading media files from the web. Mostly they work but, sometimes I get a message from WMP that it cannot open a particular file and do I want Web Help? Upon hitting "Yes" it directs me to a page where it says I have encountered error message C00D0FEA while using WMP, with an original error code of 8007000D, and that a true error message is not available. From googling, these are both tied together and seems to indicate that a WMP download has aborted for some reason. I find this strange in several ways because 1) I have the latest downloads for WMP (11) and RealPlayer (10.5) ... even reinstalled them after installing FF ... and have never had any problems in IE7 [apart from the freezing], 2) my default player for any and all media files is RealPlayer, and I have it set to play any and all extensions, 3) the error message dissapears if I hit the "back" arrow and try and download the file again and the file plays just fine! If the file is corrupt, or the wrong extension, why would it download and play correctly the second time rather than on the first time? It does this quite frequently.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated
Old enrgy21

Post by Old enrgy21 »

Since RealPlayer is your default player set to play any/all media, might be the file wants to open in RP in the first instance, and recognizes the change of player only on 2nd attempt.
If you didn't have the problem in your present or a previous version, one of the diagnostic steps may be the fix. http://kb.mozillazine.org/Standard_diag ... Firefox%29
Finally, the RP alternative may be your answer if the diagnostic steps don't apply: http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Rea ... native.htm
Ptath

Post by Ptath »

Well ... I went through that diagnostic checklist, including a clean install of the latest 2.0.0.2 version after uninstalling and deleting the installation directory and, I still am having the same problem that I originally described. It runs perfectly on my office system, and I have similar profiles on both computers. I also checked for ad-blockers, spyware, viruses, etc. Just cannot understand what might be interfering.

Anyone have any other suggestions?