"java console not supported" in 2.0.0.x

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Phil Bridger

Post by Phil Bridger »

Vickytom, this might help:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=523703

If that doesn't help I'm sure your problem is nothing to do with the java console, so it would be better for you to open a new thread.
fretz

Post by fretz »

another tale of woe starting similar to the rest above but without the happy ending..... installed the latest JRE (1.6.0_01-b06), got the console warning but java still working so no worries... then install 2.0.0.4 get the console warning again yadda yadda yadda - but now java is not working (specifically the poppit game from pogo.com) giving the error "Java Not Found or Not Working".

so I try installing the open java console to have a look and that tells me "The java support in the browser has been disabled" :-(

a look at about:plugins several entries for the right java version all marked 'enabled'

go to control panel (windows XP) and check java control panel, 'Mozilla Family' is ticked in 'default java for browsers' setting

any ideas where to go next anyone?

(the 'poppit' game still works in IE so from a user perspective at least it is a firefox problem)

Post by Guest »

Thanks Phil Bridger. I have already looked at the links provided and checked my firewall; all to no avail.

I may start a new thread, or just uninstall Firefox, which will be a whole lot easier, I think.

Thanks again.
duntkno

Post by duntkno »

im still using 5.0 update 12, 6.1 is too slow for my 1.6 centrino
hooterville

Post by hooterville »

Is there a fix for this mess or not?
steviex

Post by steviex »

Did you read all of the thread?
Tanstaafl wrote:I uninstalled the "Open Java console" extension, exited Firefox, changed the line in the hidden extensions install.rdf to use 2.0.0.* , and modified the advanced-> java console setting in java control panel to show the java console. Then I restarted Firefox.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.

Post by Guest »

steviex wrote:Did you read all of the thread?
Tanstaafl wrote:I uninstalled the "Open Java console" extension, exited Firefox, changed the line in the hidden extensions install.rdf to use 2.0.0.* , and modified the advanced-> java console setting in java control panel to show the java console. Then I restarted Firefox.

Yes, I read all the post's and still can not get it to work.

I do not even have that code under extensions.

Post by Guest »

How do I get the Java applets working again?

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:How do I get the Java applets working again?

Good Luck, I can't get them to work either
Mudfoot

Post by Mudfoot »

Error 4Q - This signature no longer exists or can not be found.
fretz

Post by fretz »

thanks mudfoot - that put me on the right track
alemao_ff

Post by alemao_ff »

Yes it worked for me:
I changed the install.rdf in that mentioned folder (made the max version 2.0.* instead of 2.0, select the install.rdf, the manifest file and the whole chrome folder with a zip software to make a temp.xpi file. Then just dragged the xpi on a firefox window to intall the hacked extension.
Now the Java console is working!
Good hints: quarantine and steviex!

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:
steviex wrote:Did you read all of the thread?

Yes, I read all the post's and still can not get it to work.

I do not even have that code under extensions.

Where is this "Open Java Console" extension????????????
Changing the line in the install.rdf I am OK with.
How do you access the "Java Control Panel" to modify the advanced java console setting??????????????

Please be as specific as you can. Thanks All
Alice

Post by Alice »

Guest,The "Open Java Console" extension is available from https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/141
More information and another link to the extension can be found here:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Java
under Java console disabled - Firefox

Mudfoot:
That link is basically telling people to remove outdated Java np*.dll files from the Firefox plugins folder. That's also mentioned here:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Java#Remove_o ... ins_folder
Alice Wyman
Guest - poul

Java console not supported

Post by Guest - poul »

I have had this problem for quite some time with previous Firefox version without knowing the cause of the problem.
I.e. the symptoms were that suddenly MS IE that is mandatory to use for my Bank webpages did not function any more (some of them).
The problem was solved after quite some time by downloading a newer Java version using MS IE for the download.

Since then everything worked fine (incl. Firefox).
Then I upgraded Firefox today (or rather it upgraded itself) and now I have exactly the same problem again. Nothing else was done on my system.
Unfortunately there is not a newer Java version available for download and when I just try to see what happens if I want to download the current version then this fails as well.

I do have read the whole thread but not being a programmer it is not useful to me.

I cannot help supporting those claiming that disregarding where the problem is or who is the cause of the problem, then it should be solved and - furthermore that when (or if) these problems are known then it is not reasonable to send out a new release that cause these problems. As I said I did not have the problem yesterday but now I have and bank business is not just for fun. It is serious.
So I hope that either there will be a quick fix released to remedy this or a new release.

In other words. You cannot seriously mean that people using Firefox has to be experienced Microsoft programmers (as long as it is released also for Windows)