Firefox start up error: already running

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
mconnor

Post by mconnor »

So I'm going to get banned because I think a moderator acted in bad faith, and I'm trying to patiently explain why I think that's true?

Post by Guest »

Ah, the simple act of offering additional help turns into a 3 page trollfest with MozillaZine moderators as main participants. Sad to say this no longer surprises me.
I can't wait until Mozilla sets up a proper knowledge base and means of online support as this is just getting pitiful. Kerz should've let this place die years ago.
mconnor

Post by mconnor »

Daifne wrote:Look back at my first comment to her, mconner. I did not ask for clarification at that point, but I did ask her to not solicit an email and I asked politely.

What I see is:

Daifne wrote:Lucy,
You are not in charge of these forums. We help here, not in private. Please stop telling people to email you. It really does look suspicious.

That doesn't seem especially polite to me. Anything starting with "you are not in charge here" tends to cross that line for me.
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Than you have taken it wrong. But that doesn't surprise me.
Dartman

Post by Dartman »

jesusX wrote:Dartman: Also, moderators do not "run" the forums, they are given care to properly maintain them within the rules of the admins. Only the admins run the forums.

I partially I agree with you. Yes, the rules are put in place by the admins; however, if do a search for "Forum Moderator" you will see that it typically states that Mods can do things in "their" forums. Which in my opinion means that we (as well as the admins) run the forums.

mconnor wrote:So I'm going to get banned because I think a moderator acted in bad faith, and I'm trying to patiently explain why I think that's true?

Not quite. I made that comment and would enforce it, if the senseless arguing continued after I said stop.

This topic is pretty much down the drain. I am locking it.
Alcohol and Calculus don't mix. Never drink and derive.