Firefox start up error: already running

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Accusing me of assuming.

Once again, should we not be concerned when you post a comment like this:
Lucy wrote:I'd love to get a hold of some of your personal info.
Lucy

Post by Lucy »

*sigh* you could have asked about *that* in the first place. I meant *profile* info, thanks for pointing that out, since that's entirely not what I meant.
mconnor

Post by mconnor »

While I understand the concerns here, I think people should take the time to figure out who someone is within the community before jumping the gun and directly or indirectly accusing someone of having malicious intent. If nothing else, it creates a hostile environment where one isn't warranted...
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Sorry mconner but I have a problem with people harvesting information by email when they have no apparent official permission from either Mozillazine or Moz.org
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Lucy

Post by Lucy »

All Mozilla support is community based. Any information anyone sends to ANYONE helping them is without official permission. That's just not how it works.

Post by Guest »

Lucy - Thanks for the kb article. I don't think I have back ups... *headdesk*

The "I'd love to get my hands on your info" comment made me laugh because I figured no one malicious would actually come out and say that. (I wouldn't give out personal info anyway. I may go about deleting folders willy nilly, but I'm not THAT stupid. *grin*)

Malliz - off topic, but what does a Folding Team Member do?
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

I have no idea who this Lucy is and with a comment like the one I quoted, are you saying that I should not be concerned? This was very inappropriate here as well as soliciting an email reply. If Lucy is "someone" within the community, shouldn't she be responsible for showing her credentials rather than simply posting as she did with comments such as that? If that comment shows the true intent and a user falls for it, isn't that as bad or much worse for the "community"?
Lucy

Post by Lucy »

Shouldn't you as a moderator be *asking* for them rather than just telling me I don't run the forums or telling me not to give out my email?
mconnor

Post by mconnor »

Even 30 seconds spent Googling would reveal that there's only one Lucy around the Mozilla community...
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

And who are you to question how I act as a moderator?

In this situation, where you are requesting personal information from a user by email, it is your responsibility to prove who you are.
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Anonymous wrote:Malliz - off topic, but what does a Folding Team Member do?

Ah let me take you to the wonderful world of folding proteins using your extra cpu cycles
See the Official site for more info
http://folding.stanford.edu/
and if your interested there is a Sticky thread in Mozillazine Tech for any questions
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Lucy

Post by Lucy »

NO one has ASKED me yet. It's my freaking bugmail I can say anything I bloody well want to but you're still going to have to research it.

Who am I to question? I'm sorry, I didn't realize *you* ran the boards and are above reproach. A moderator's job (and I should know because one of the things I'm used for in the project is my ability to moderate things like this) is to make sure everyone is playing by the rules, and only as a last resort to hand down judgement. You *still* haven't asked me to provide credentials. Besides the fact that you're carrying this on here rather than PMing me your concerns and sorting it out there is pretty unmodlike in itself.

Edit - aren't you going to ask mconnor to prove he is who you think he is? or is it enough that you're assuming?
mconnor

Post by mconnor »

And how does one prove their identity on the internet? Showing ID?

I think if you tied this account's history, the bugmail address, and the blog link in the profile, it'd clearly establish who Lucy is. Unless you're trying to say its a different Lucy. Or that every single post by a non-regular must be accompanied by a set of links to prove who someone is...
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

I am not the one who took one sentence and started an indignant rant. You have made a mistake here but do not want to admit it.
Lucy

Post by Lucy »

Umm I thought you were... this is all because I said "personal info" instead of "offending files"