Cannot open pdf files

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
fantastico0111

Re: Cannot open pdf files

Post by fantastico0111 »

I had the same issue and I tell you the most likely problem is that you may have multiple plugins installed from concatenated versions of adobe reader e.t.c

so the first step would be to uninstall all running versions of adobe & go into the C:/program files/Adobe and completely delete the "adobe reader" folders (you'd probably see some old versions of the adobe reader).

Re-download the latest copy of adobe reader and install. This should install a fresh copy of plugins for firefox. The whole process shouldn't take more than 15 mins. I hope this helps
ristenk1

Post by ristenk1 »

"webnut : This fix will also work for people running Vista and having trouble with an upgrade from 8.0 to 9.0. ... Just find the nppdf32.dll file in the newly installed version of Acrobat Pro (do a search on the Adobe Install directory) and then replace the old one with a copy of the new one. "

I have this problem that is talked about but I can't seem to fix it. I found the file nppdf32.dll in the new version of the Adobe Reader 9.0 that I have but I don't have an old version to replace it with...where can I find a version of this file that will fix this problem? Anywhere on the web? thanks
Lil Mick

open the mozilla files

Post by Lil Mick »

Why do I have a problem getting in?
dhinipuspitasari

Post by dhinipuspitasari »

hai, i have the same problem with bilakbokis, i've tried all the steps that dickvl suggest.

but still cannot open pdf files.

if tried to go to about:config, and toggle the plugin.expose_full_path from FALSE to TRUE
than i modify the adobe acrobat from 5.0 to 9

but it didn't works anything..

please help me
baharimsin

Post by baharimsin »

Firefox needs a plugin like nppdf32.dll as mentioned above. You can search for computer for that file and place it in the plugins folder.
Dickieless

Post by Dickieless »

Here's how I fixed it. I found that after installing Adobe Reader 9.2 that version 5.0 was still on my computer. I Uninstalled 5.0 and rebooted then I wopend (.2 and opened help and opened repair reader installation. After it found a restoration I closed the reader and rebooted.

WALLA firefox was able to download and read PDF files and print them
Shanker Nair

Post by Shanker Nair »

Hi,

I encountered the same problem that bilakbokis did, although with different versions of Firefox and Adobe Reader (Firefox 3.6.3, and Adobe Reader 9.3.3). trolly's post helped me sort out this issue. I copied nppdf32.dll into Firefox's plugins folder (C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins), re-launched Firefox and tried accessing a PDF. It worked like a charm.
Thanks trolly for the post.

Warm Regards.
Shanker
Pajarraco

Post by Pajarraco »

Many thanks for the advice guys.

I had the same issue using both Firefox 3.6.10 and Safari after installing the trial version of Adobe acrobat.

As soon as I uninstall the Reader the issue went away.
the_X_files

Post by the_X_files »

Hi all - Here is how I resolved my problem with .pdf files
I had the same problem - When i try to open some pdf online, my Mozilla give me only white screen and nothing happend.
So I go to C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins and delete files nppdf32.FRA nppdf32.deu nppdf32.DLL or I suppose you must delete all starting with nppdf32.*
After that restart mozilla and if is still don't runnig install Foxit reader - I think everything will be all right
If is still doesn't work see this link
http://dotgiri.com/2010/02/05/open-pdf- ... pdf-files/
(I was Googling for a fix to open PDF files in Mozilla Firefox browser. This it how I fixed my problem.

# At the top of the Firefox window On the menu bar, click on the Tool menu, and select Options…Preferences….
# Select the Applications panel.
# Find Adobe Acrobat Document in the list and click on it to select it.
# Click on the drop-down arrow in the Action column for the Adobe Acrobat Document entry and select Use Adobe Acrobat (in Firefox).)
Sandss

Post by Sandss »

If the Adobe Acrobat Reader is installed and still not able to view pdf file. Make sure following setting is in place.

Tools -> Options -> Applications -> Adobe Acrobat Document (Application...) has action set to 'User Adobe Reader #version#"
1969KoolGirl

Post by 1969KoolGirl »

Thank you for the help. Your information really help me thanks again. :D
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

You are replying to an elderly thread. Locking.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."