firefox.exe - Unable To Locate Component help?!

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Keaton Mac

firefox.exe - Unable To Locate Component help?!

Post by Keaton Mac »

Ok so, I have no idea what has happened but i will give you the low down and you guys can take it from there.

So, one day I log on to my computer and I go to open up Firefox and this error message pops up:

"firefox.exe - Unable To Locate Component
This application has failed to start because js3250.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

I then went onto IE and re downloaded and installed it. It gave me the same exact error message. I then completly un installed it on my computer and then re-installed it again. This time it did work, and it was working fine for about a day or so and then I was online and all of a sudden it closed on me. I tried opening it again and it gave me the same error message. So then I try to contact my friend on AIM but that says the service can't be reached. So I try to go download it again using IE, but IE will only take me to the google front page and google search, but everytime i use the address bar an error message comes up saying "Internet Exploer can't open the search menu" or something like that. I ran spybot - search and destroy and spyware blaster, I also used crapcleaner. Spybot and spyware blaster didn't find anything so I'm not sure if it is a virus or something. So I said forget it and went to bed. The next day (today) I tried getting on, this time IE and AIM were working fine but Firefox was still down, so I downloaded it again and it worked for a little bit but some websites it wouldn't work to well. For example, I typed in the address bar "gmail.com" and then this box came up saying something about a certificate about gmail, it was a firefox box, I said allow this time only so it let me through but the page said it was "Not Found" and some pages would give me a redirect page that took me to the same place. I closed out of it and went to class. I came back and it was giving me the same "Unable to Locate Component" error again, so I completely uninstalled it again and re downloaded it in a different folder named Firfox2. I opened it up and everything seemed fine until I closed out of it and tried to open it back up, it gave me the same "Unable to Locate Component" message.

So here I am, frusterated and confused. Is this a virus, am I missing something, am I just stupid or what. Can anyone help me out? thanks in advance for at least reading and trying to help.

--Keaton
scape claw

Post by scape claw »

Somethings not happening when you download it, a file is not being saved. Only thing I can say is, uh-oh.
Keaton Mac

Post by Keaton Mac »

Is there some way to find out whats not saving? or anything else?
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

What Anti Virus are you using and have you done a scan, also what Firewall?
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
dickvl

Post by dickvl »