Is this error message due to Firefox or Norton or ?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
VanillaMozilla

Post by VanillaMozilla »

azguy,
When I asked you if you could view the source, I wasn't asking you to post it. I'm sure not going to read it. I just wanted to demonstrate that you had in fact received part of the Web site.
stick figure

Post by stick figure »

I too have the exact same problem, and it is very annoying.
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

You need to disable HTML in your post (Preview or Edit window), otherwise your code gets corrupted as the forum parser only allows some whitelisted html tags and removes the others.
JimBoSS

Post by JimBoSS »

Just to add to this thread a bit..

I was having the same issue, i would be browsing away and when i would hit a site with a lot of different Links, myspace for example i would get dropped from the net for a few seconds..
the big pain was that it was logging me out of msn and would reconnect in a few seconds when the connection came back..

after looking at my system for a bit i found the following in the Event Log (start/run/Eventvwr)
"The Symantec Network Proxy service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s).
The following corrective action will be taken in 300 milliseconds: Restart the service."

it seems this would happen every single time i would over load the connection, i could replicate it easily by opening in tabs multiple myspace pages or any other page for that matter.

after pulling my hear out for a while i narrowed the cause down to the Norton Add on Pack for Norton Internet security 2007, Remove the add on pack and the issue goes away, re-install it and its back

after spending a fair amount of time with the symantec help line it seems there is no solution for this..
at first they got me to get the free upgrade to NIS 2007.3 ( i had .2) so after re-installing it completely and adding the add on pack, the problem came back
then they gave me this Really long sequence of things to do claiming it was remnants of an older install of Norton (if they would remove everything when u uninstall this would be an issue) but anyway after spending an hour rummiging through the registry and deleting files off my hdd i re-installed it all and the same problem

At the moment i am running with out Antispam features which is all i use the addon pack for.

let us know if you have the same errors in ur event log.

Jim
VanillaMozilla

Post by VanillaMozilla »

JimBoSS wrote:i found the following in the Event Log (start/run/Eventvwr)
"The Symantec Network Proxy service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s).
The following corrective action will be taken in 300 milliseconds: Restart the service."

...after pulling my hear out for a while i narrowed the cause down to the Norton Add on Pack for Norton Internet security 2007, Remove the add on pack and the issue goes away, re-install it and its back
JimBoSS

Post by JimBoSS »

I have further Narrowed it down to the Pop up blocker in Norton Add on pack. if u turn this off the error is gone, so if u an live without the pop up block in Norton then u can just turn it off and still use the antispam features..

Good Luck
VanillaMozilla

Post by VanillaMozilla »

Good work. Thanks.
syroco

Re: Is this error message due to Firefox or Norton or ?

Post by syroco »

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO INSTALL FIREFOX. I KEEP GETTING A MESSAGE TO REMOVE EXISTING FIREFOX. I DO NOT HAVE THIS ON MY COMPUTER AS I DELETED IT WHEN I RECEIVED THIS MESSAGE THE FIRST TIME. IN TRYING TO ACCESS GMAIL TROUGH GOOGLE THE LOADING BAR DOES NOT FINISH. FRUSTRATION IS ONLY COMPLICATED BY THE OUTLOOK EXPRESS SHOWING PREVIOUS EMAILS BUT NO NEW ONES.
LIMPET235

Re: Is this error message due to Firefox or Norton or ?

Post by LIMPET235 »

syroco....This thread is 12 months old.
If you have a problem, please start a new thread.
Thank you.
Locking.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)