Connection reinitialized

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Gobla

Connection reinitialized

Post by Gobla »

Greetings all, I need your help.

Almost everytime I attempt to acces a page I get this warning ( in dutch )

"De verbinding werd geherinitialiseerd

De verbinding met de server werd geherinitialiseerd tijdens het laden van de pagina.

* Misschien is de website tijdelijk niet beschikbaar of overbelast. Probeer over
enkele ogenblikken opnieuw.

* Controleer uw netwerkverbinding indien u geen enkele pagina kunt laden.

* Verzeker u ervan dat Firefox toegang heeft tot het web als uw
computer of netwerk beveiligd is door een firewall of proxyserver."

roughly translated:

The connection was reinitialized.
The connection with the server was reinitialized while loading the page.
* Maybe the website is temporarily unavailable or overused. Please try again in several moments.
* Check your netwerk connection in the case you're unable to load any page.
* Make sure Firefox has acces to the web in case you're computer is secured by a firewall or proxyserver.

All 3 are not the case. It happens on all websites, so it can't be that one website ( unless for some reason the entire internet went down this weekend, wich I honestly doubt. ) And after a few refreshes the page does load! So it can't be the second or third.

So what is the problem? My connection hasn't slowed down, in games I get the same ping as before. Downloads go just as fast as before ( downloaded firefox hoping that would fix it since IE has the problem as well. ) I didn't visit any weird sites. I did various reboots. Restored my connection various times. Did a full virus check, a full spyware check. Nothing helps.

So does anybody know how I could fix this?
Old madperson

Post by Old madperson »

there was a update of firefox in the last days. probably your firewall is blocking the new version from internet access -> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firewalls
Gobla

Post by Gobla »

madperson wrote:there was a update of firefox in the last days. probably your firewall is blocking the new version from internet access -> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firewalls

Not the problem.

Downloaded firefox yesterday.

Firewall is not blocking it, after about 8 refreshes the page does load.

This happens on every single page.

It also happens on Internet Explorer.
Old madperson

Post by Old madperson »

Gobla

Post by Gobla »

In my errorlog there are a hell lot of these errors. Since they seem to be about browsers they might be it.

"Type gebeurtenis: Fout
Bron van gebeurtenis: MRxSmb
Categorie van gebeurtenis: Geen
Gebeurtenis-ID: 8003
Datum: ---
Tijd: ---
Gebruiker: ---
Computer: ---
Beschrijving:
De masterbrowser heeft een servermelding ontvangen van computer --- die meent de masterbrowser voor het domein te zijn op transport NetBT_Tcpip_{190161D5-53C. De masterbrowser wordt gestopt of er wordt een verkiezing afgedwongen."

roughly translated ( names and datas blacked out for privacy stuff :P )

Type of event: Error
Source of event: MRxSmb
Catagory of event: None
Event-ID: 8003
Description:
The masterbrowser has received a serverreport from computer --- that claims to be the masterbrowser from the domain on transport NetBT_Tcpip_{190161D5-53C. The masterbrowser was stopped or an election was forced

The computer I received the error message from is most likely one in my network ( my last name is in the name so..... )

Does this provide any usefull information?

Ow and terribly sorry for not being able to go out and search for myself. I would normally do it, but having to refresh every single page 8 times before I can actually see it is very slow and annoying :P. I'm searching myself, but I'm far from a computer wiz and google takes about 30 seconds to get ready ( with all the refreshes ) so it takes a lot of time :P.
Gobla_2

Post by Gobla_2 »

Type of event: Error
Source of event: MRxSmb
Catagory of event: None

Event-ID: 8003
Description:
The masterbrowser has received a serverreport from computer --- that claims to be the masterbrowser from the domain on transport NetBT_Tcpip_{190161D5-53C. The masterbrowser was stopped or an election was forced

SYMPTOMS
A Windows NT primary domain controller (PDC) and a Windows NT client computer reside on the same physical subnet and the same domain. The client computer can connect to a network share on the PDC. In the Windows NT PDC, the following system event appears in Event Viewer:

Event ID: 8003
Description: The master browser has received a server announcement from the computer <Windows> that believes that it is the master browser for the domain on transport <NetBT>. The master browser is stopping or an election is being forced.

CAUSE
This problem occurs if the subnet mask of the Windows NT client computer is incorrect or different from the PDC. The client computer attempts to promote itself to the master browser of the subnet and fails.

RESOLUTION
To correct this problem, change the TCP/IP protocol configuration to the correct subnet mask.

source: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=143153
Verginia

Re: Connection reinitialized

Post by Verginia »

mine writes this in Dutch:Verzeker u ervan dat Firefox toegang heeft tot het web als uw
computer of netwerk is beveiligd door een firewall of proxyserver.
what should I do
LIMPET235

Re: Connection reinitialized

Post by LIMPET235 »

You could always start a new thread &
leave these very old ones to R.I.P. :)
Thank you.
Locking this relic.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)