MozillaZine

New Firefox won't work with Facebook

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
DOC SB

Post Posted July 4th, 2007, 8:14 am

I just updated to the newest version of Firefox, and now I can't use Facebook.

Help Please!

User 1001

Post Posted July 5th, 2007, 8:54 am

I am having the same problem, does anyone have a solution?

makaiguy

Post Posted July 5th, 2007, 9:54 am

"I can't use Facebook" doesn't give us much to go on. What exactly is or isn't working? What don't you see that you should see? What do you see that you should not see?

As a start, I don't know anything about Facebook, but I'd assume it does require JavaScript to function. To enable JavaScript in Firefox:

Menu path:
Tools | Options ( in Windows), or
Firefox | Preferences (in Mac), or
Edit | Preferences (in *nix)
... then Content

Place a checkmark for 'Enable JavaScript'.

Facebook might also make extensive use of Flash or other technologies. Make sure you have the appropriate plugins installed and working:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Flash
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=206216
Doug Wilson, "The Makai Guy"
Win7 Home Prem (64bit): FF 38.0.5, TB 38.0.1║ Android 4.2.2/4.4.2: FF 38.0.5, no Android TB available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers

dlackerman

Post Posted October 1st, 2009, 2:13 pm

I can't write on my Facebook wall or others'. The message box opens but my text doesn't appear, as if my keyboard weren't connected to my computer. I'm using Firefox 2.0 because 3.0 is too slow. Last week I wasn't able to write in the message box because the quick find dialogue bar opened at the bottom of the screen and proceeded to search the page for the letters I typed. After I disabled the quick find in Firefox, I was able to write on walls. But now today, this new problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox 2.0, but still no luck. I am able to use Internet Explorer with Facebook but not Firefox 2.0.

rawr?

Post Posted August 5th, 2010, 2:17 pm

At the top, where it says notifications and search and stuff, they are either replaced with random profile pictures OR they do not appear at all. With photos, they do not let me click on the "tag photo" or "Make profile picture" buttons. At the top, where you move your cursor over to your profile picture a button is supposed to appear saying edit photo or upload a photo. There isn't. The buttons that say customize profile are where they should not be. My photo sometimes does not appear. At the home page, there is a random picture of the Twilight character, Jacob. I have tried all of the above. Installing Javascript and restarting Mozilla Firefox endless times. No matter what I do, I CAN NOT work Facebook correctly.

LoudNoise

Post Posted August 5th, 2010, 2:20 pm

First try clearing your cache. Tools --> Options --> Advanced --> Network, Clear Now button.

If that does not work try safe mode: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode

You are replying to an elderly thread. Locking. If the above does not work please start a new thread fully describing the problem.
Post wrangler
"If you lock this, the Pentium IIs win." - anonymous

Return to Firefox Support