Firefox won't import bookmarks

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
thehippiesaurus

Firefox won't import bookmarks

Post by thehippiesaurus »

I just did a system restore a few minutes ago and when I opened firefox, all of my bookmarks were gone. When I tried to import a list of bookmarks from the backup files, Firefox wouldn't open it. I also can't close tabs or bookmark any new sites. When I try to bookmark new sites, it gives me an error box with nothing in it but an "X". I tried to undo the system restore, thinking that was the problem, but it didn't help.
Maybe it has something to do with the new version of Firefox, but I'm not sure. Please help.
Old Hec III

Post by Old Hec III »

for the future,
get the add on called foxmarks.
it will save the bookmarks on a remote server.
then you can synch the bookmarks to any machine that you wish to load your bookmarks on.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2410
malliz
Folder@Home

Re: Firefox won't import bookmarks

Post by malliz »

thehippiesaurus wrote:I just did a system restore a few minutes ago and when I opened firefox, all of my bookmarks were gone. When I tried to import a list of bookmarks from the backup files, Firefox wouldn't open it. I also can't close tabs or bookmark any new sites. When I try to bookmark new sites, it gives me an error box with nothing in it but an "X". I tried to undo the system restore, thinking that was the problem, but it didn't help.
Maybe it has something to do with the new version of Firefox, but I'm not sure. Please help.

See
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Corrupt_localstore.rdf
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

MSC IT student

Post by MSC IT student »

1) using IE 8 go to FILE, scroll down to EXPORT to a FILE. 2) Next window what would you like to export, CHECK Favorites. 3) Select the folder you want to export. Choose FAVORITES. 4) Select where you want to save the files too. Use Default my documents. 5) Select export, then next. All your IE favorites have been saved. NEXT import to FIREFOX: 6) In Firefox select HISTORY tab Library window should open. 7) Select IMPORT and BACKUP Tab. 8)Select IMPORT BOOKMARKS from HTML. 9 Select the IE bookmarks folder. 9) Select OPEN NOTE if you have Numerous files it requires approximately a minute to transfer. 10) ALL of your IE books marks are now in Firefox bookmarks ready to use. Hope this helps. Let's Go RADAR
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Ta but...you're a little late.
Locking this oldie.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)