Don't Like Google Toolbar - Can I Remove It?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox

Re: Don't Like Google Toolbar - Can I Remove It?

Post by Guest »

"We" are three people who work with computers daily in our home. That was specified above.

You go ahead and love it. No one's stopping you.

Post by Guest »

Littlemutt wrote:
Guest wrote:I specifically stated "Google features", not the toolbar. One of the features we can't stand is the history at the url line in the drop down. The one with the star to the right of the field. Shift + delete seems to remove some but not all entries and we have yet to find where we can change annoying or invasive defaults. Now we're wondering if that's been there all along without being readily visible.

We have better things to do than research how to address undesirable features and defaults in Firefox. This is exactly the type of nonsense that caused many people to leave IE behind.

Read here about changing the Address/bar: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=685365
Before you do that, you might want to read here and learn what the new Smart Location Bar is all about:
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=665391

I work for a documentation management company and help with a family computer business. Past the marketing, I understand better than most what "smart" indicates with these types of features.

The point I failed to convey is total lack of appreciation and time. Thanks for trying to help but again, no one in this house/business is interested in keeping up with how to avoid using the features integrated into Firefox 3. We won't be recommending Firefox to customers any longer.
a;skdjfajf;ak

Post by a;skdjfajf;ak »

Guest wrote:
Littlemutt wrote:
Guest wrote:I specifically stated "Google features", not the toolbar. One of the features we can't stand is the history at the url line in the drop down. The one with the star to the right of the field. Shift + delete seems to remove some but not all entries and we have yet to find where we can change annoying or invasive defaults. Now we're wondering if that's been there all along without being readily visible.

We have better things to do than research how to address undesirable features and defaults in Firefox. This is exactly the type of nonsense that caused many people to leave IE behind.

Read here about changing the Address/bar: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=685365
Before you do that, you might want to read here and learn what the new Smart Location Bar is all about:
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=665391

I work for a documentation management company and help with a family computer business. Past the marketing, I understand better than most what "smart" indicates with these types of features.

The point I failed to convey is total lack of appreciation and time. Thanks for trying to help but again, no one in this house/business is interested in keeping up with how to avoid using the features integrated into Firefox 3. We won't be recommending Firefox to customers any longer.

*Shrug* :roll: We don't care what browser you use, sorry Firefox did not work out for you. Hope you find something to your liking.
steviex

Post by steviex »

OK.. This is now off topic, and is going nowhere. The original post was about the Google Toolbar. NOT the Location Bar.

Locking. There are other discussions about the Location bar. Post POLITELY and CONSTRUCTIVELY in one of those.
Remember, that we are NOT the Developers, just fellow users.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.