MozillaZine

ABC TV "full episodes" won't play

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
RobbyStellarSeed

Post Posted November 14th, 2007, 9:04 pm

Trying to watch these. Completely locks up computer. Have to "end process" (FF) to get out.

Ran into problem last week. Work around was to set "max script time" as 5 sec and do "end script" 3x. Then it played.

This won't work now. Tried disabling AdBlockPlus and FlashBlock -- also allowing Pop-Ups. No help.

Virtually nothing on Google about this. Or..Forums/Knowledge here?

I'm using FF 2.0.0.9 and latest JRE 1.6.0.03

Any ideas?

Tks

L.A.R. Grizzly

Post Posted November 14th, 2007, 10:30 pm

RobbyStellarSeed,

A friend of mine ran into this a couple of weeks ago. It seems that you now need a plugin to view the latest ABC episodes. The links below will direct you to installing the plugin:

Move Media Player Plugin from ABC.com

Move Media Player Plugin from CWTV.com
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Firefox 37.0.2, Thunderbird 31.6.0 and SeaMonkey 2.33.1

RobbyStellarSeed

Post Posted November 15th, 2007, 9:36 am

L.A.R. Grizzly wrote:RobbyStellarSeed,

A friend of mine ran into this a couple of weeks ago. It seems that you now need a plugin to view the latest ABC episodes. The links below will direct you to installing the plugin:

Move Media Player Plugin from ABC.com

Move Media Player Plugin from CWTV.com
Tks, Griz. That worked. But..in past I got to this same Movie Plug-In through the ABC web-site. Go figure.

Also, tks for the CW/WB movie player link. Wasn't even aware they were doing this. Cool

Keith Warner

Post Posted November 15th, 2007, 9:53 am

Now if I could only watch NBC and CBS. Worked fine with WMP or Real. They switched to Flash, and it st.. st.. stutters like mad!

:(
Dell Latitude C600 /PentIIIE/1.0Ghz/10Gb/256Mb/WinXProSP2/FF20017&IE6
Zone Alarm Free / avast! 4.8 Free / Malwarebytes & SuperAntispyware

babybarbizon

Post Posted March 28th, 2009, 12:59 pm

i'm having trouble with ABC full episode player in both firefox and internet explorer. i have popups allowed for abc.go.com and when i click a link, i get the page that says "Launch ABC.COM's full episode player now" when i click on that page, it opens a new window in which the video should play. instead of the loading screen, however, i get a gray screen and the window stops loading. The player worked fine until about 2 weeks ago when they had me install the new plugin. i installed it and verified that i could see the video they played. immediately after that, i could no longer watch episodes...

LoudNoise

Post Posted March 28th, 2009, 2:01 pm

You are replying to an elderly thread (2007). Locking. Please start a new thread fully describing the problem.
Post wrangler
Notice: If you have a comment on moderation, please post here viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2706389 and don't private message a mod. I don't reply to private messages unless I have previously requested them

Return to Firefox Support