MozillaZine

Youtube videos pausing

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
OnJob

Post Posted April 16th, 2008, 1:57 pm

Dont know, but everything works fine for me. I had problems on vista, but on XP SP2 have no problems.
<a href="http://onjob.890m.com/" target="blank_">I just want to share my experience</a>

Boogerhead

Post Posted April 16th, 2008, 8:23 pm

It's still happening to me with the latest version of Flash. Vista SP1 home premium, FF 3b5.

Seems like if I restart, it'll normally work, for a while. It doesn't seem to work if the computer's been on for a while (possibly if FF has been open a while).

Melodeath

Post Posted April 17th, 2008, 1:39 pm

yes, usually its when Firefox has been open for awhile. It usually works when you restart firefox

flamingkitties

Post Posted April 17th, 2008, 3:20 pm

Yeah this has been happening to me for a week or more now.

It was just after I was prompted to upgrade flash.
I upgraded flash, neglected to restart.
When the problems began, I restarted, which I thought had fixed the problem, it hadn't.
A temporary fix is just to restart Firefox, but after an unfixed amount of time Flash fails again (MySpace music doesn't play/Youtube 2secs thing).

I am on XP SP2 (most current updates I believe)
Most current Firefox, I upgraded today, this hasn't helped.

I have tried the Flash utility thing. Did not work.
I did a complete Flash uninstall, using their installer, this did not fix the issue when it was reinstalled.

I'm at a loss to be honest. I haven't tried it out on IE, because I don't want to have to force myself back into using IE. I shouldn't have to.

Although this might help.
Since installing the latest version of Flash there has been a conflict with my downloaded screensaver, it won't play and an error message comes up. I did look for a fix, but that hasn't helped. Error reads "Could not find the file Flash.ocx", before I 'fixed' it the file may have been 'flash9a.ocx', I cannot remember exactly, but it seems the instruction was to copy the original flash9a.ocx and change the name.

I expect this is related, although I don't think it was my manual 'fix' that caused the internet problems. I think the whole thing crumbled to bits before I touched it.

Edit: I fixed the screensaver thing - the reason it didn't fix is this. IT DID fix the screensaver thing, but when the internet problems arose, I uninstalled and reinstalled and it lost my manual change...at least I think that's what has happened.

Melodeath

Post Posted April 18th, 2008, 11:53 am

do you think that has anything to do with the myspace/youtube issues?

flamingkitties

Post Posted April 18th, 2008, 12:25 pm

No, it hasn't fixed them at any rate. I think that two problems with Flash turning up at the same time isn't a coincidence...but the solve for the screensaver does nothing for the video problem, sadly.

Euchre

Post Posted April 18th, 2008, 4:18 pm

The difference between the screensaver and the MySpace and YouTube videos is offline vs online content being passed. It would seem that the data being passed stalls or disconnects for some reason. Another Flash object issue with Mac OS X had me thinking it might relate to how the DNS process is handled.
Gecko
One Rendering Engine to rule them all.

Melodeath

Post Posted April 19th, 2008, 11:23 am

I just noticed that once I have this problem with firefox, I also get a similar problem with my TV application on my computer. The video pauses after 2 seconds, with no sound, but it resumes after a pause of 6 seconds to 2 more seconds of playback. This TV app is not flash. Any ideas?

VanillaMozilla

Post Posted April 19th, 2008, 11:52 am

Melodeath wrote:... also get a similar problem with my TV application on my computer. ...Any ideas?

Yes, party line. The lion is busy.

Melodeath

Post Posted April 19th, 2008, 12:51 pm

I don't get it

VanillaMozilla

Post Posted April 19th, 2008, 1:18 pm

Do you have a cable modem? That's a party line, and the rate of transmission goes down if other people are using the line too. Even if you don't have a cable modem, maybe the transmission is just not fast enough for uninterrupted video. One thing you can say is that it's probably not a Flash or Firefox problem in your case.

Melodeath

Post Posted April 19th, 2008, 11:19 pm

I'm on a college campus. It's broadband. Also, my TV runs from a coax cable, not internet.

Melodeath

Post Posted April 20th, 2008, 3:48 pm

It seems the TV problem and flash problems were similar, but the TV has nothing to do with flash or internet

kathy_caribe

Post Posted April 20th, 2008, 10:11 pm

I'm very glad I googled this. Back on page 6 and 7, you can find a link to Flash 8 installer. I installed Flash v8 and I'm FINALLY working again!

and my ISP is Hughes (satellite)

Melodeath

Post Posted April 21st, 2008, 6:46 am

I guess that's the only option left.

Return to Firefox Support