Youtube videos pausing

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
mike95060

Re: Youtube videos pausing

Post by mike95060 »

Thanks for pursuing this, Pafindr.

Here are two more discussions of the problem (no answers--at least for my situation).

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jsp ... tstart=330

http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showth ... p?t=173889
cyruja

firefox won't play audio-video

Post by cyruja »

hey,
I have tried the solutions presented but no way...
Uninstalled re-installed Adobe Flash Player (we all know Windows Media is out of the question).
It didn't begin after installing any add-on, I have all the traditional ones, FTP and MAC...
I am using Norton and it never prevented me from playing anything...
Any new ideas?
Thanks!
zappa doc

Flash r8 and r9 bug with FireFox 2 and 3b2

Post by zappa doc »

This is a bug from abode flash plugin and unfortunatly the firefox 2 and v3b2 didn't fix it (find a workaround).
The only solution you have is to switch back to the flash r7 (you need uninstall flash 9 and cleanup manually the system32/macromed/flash directory before install the old one).

But this workaround will not display specific flash 8 and 9 content... so this is not the better solution.

One thing i didn't understand is why Firefox team don't make all it is possible to do to resolve (or find a workaround) this issue, like an addon that use the ActiveX Flash plugin from IE or such!!

Everyday with my flash r7 i resist to go to another browser because i really appreciate Firefox but it's really... :(
zappadoc

Post by zappadoc »

I can post the link for:
- install_flash_player_7.exe (flash r7 installer)
- uninstall_flash_player.exe
(flash r7 cleanup - you need to manually kill the KillBrowser.exe process to uninstall correctly with the taskManager ctrl + alt + supp )
VanillaMozilla

Re: Flash r8 and r9 bug with FireFox 2 and 3b2

Post by VanillaMozilla »

zappa doc wrote:One thing i didn't understand is why Firefox team don't make all it is possible to do to resolve (or find a workaround) this issue, like an addon that use the ActiveX Flash plugin from IE or such!!

1. The plugin system for Netscape, Firefox, Opera, and other browsers has been around a lot longer than the ActiveX plugin. Microsoft is the odd one out here.

2. Firefox does NOT run ActiveX and hopefully never will. This is a Microsoft-only application, and it's considered dangerous.

3. It's not up to Mozilla to fix bugs in every plugin. To do so would be a nightmare that would probably ruin Mozilla products. I'm sure they work with Adobe, but they do not have access to Adobe code, and they cannot fix Flash. If there is a problem with Flash, talk to Adobe about it.

4. It's unfortunate that Flash and PDF keep adding features. The ones they already have work poorly enough, and these applications just keep getting bigger and bigger. Not a good situation if you want a stable, safe Internet.
zappadoc

Post by zappadoc »

ola cool Vanilla!
this was not a big reproach! just a remark and I indicate that i'm still using Firefox because I really like it. ;)

of course flash release 7 is more than enough for me but the main problem is that some website are not accessible because they check the version of flash...

Flash should become open source and integrated to all browsers that my opinion but it depend from Adobe and that certainly not there goal...

In other words if some one have a workaround that would be great because here with a fresh copy of FireFox 2.0011 + Flash r9 + WinXP SP2 = freeze or crash...

thanks!
VanillaMozilla

Post by VanillaMozilla »

Yeah, I know. Probably an overreaction to one unimportant remark, and I didn't see a nice way of saying it. Worth saying, though, just in case anyone is in doubt.

Flash should be open source, or better yet, just disappear. There is at least one much better alternative.
zappadoc

Post by zappadoc »

For linux world there is an very promising alternative with Gnash open source project.
see here: http://www.gnashdev.org/

but nothing on win / mac platform...
fnp3

Post by fnp3 »

OK - Here's a partial solution. For me, when watching vids on the Youtube site, they load about halfway then hang. This is fairly consistent.
BUT - when I embed a video on my website, it plays perfectly. No hangups at all. This leads me to believe that the problem may actually be with the Youtube site itself.

I know this isn't a total solution, but it does work. Anybody can set up a simple website at http://jottit.com (free) and embed all the vids you like, and they'll work.

zappadoc

Post by zappadoc »

fnp3 it doesn't because the bug appear on others website not only on youtube... and more you have swf in action in the same page more it happens quickly so if you try to embed more than one video on one page then firefox will freezed!
galix

Post by galix »

i have the same problem, but it also freezes up on IE.

any solutions? i've done the whole uninstall/reinstall of firefox/flash and am now going to try to system restore, but i don't think that will help.

i'm on windows XP, i have a full shut down once a week or so and am running symantec.
Lenjia

Problem is still here........

Post by Lenjia »

I am having the same problem as everyone else except it is only on U Tube. If I go to Live Leak and play a video, no problem at all, it plays all the way through with no problem. U Tube will start, stop, start, stop, start, stop, did anyone come up with a solution to this? In my case all of this just started recently hasn't been going on for a long time.

Thanks guys!
pdxesto

Post by pdxesto »

I have the same problem as most of you here: YouTube videos play fine on IE and Opera, but freeze after 2 seconds on Firefox. I tried a video on LiveLeak, and the same thing happened: with Firefox, the video freezes after 2 seconds, with IE and Maxthon and Opera, the video plays fine.

This is a fatal Firefox flaw for me - I just recently transfered all my browsing over to Firefox, but this is making me think twice.
Guenzel

Same problems

Post by Guenzel »

I have the same problems. I can't watch anything youtube -especially any embedded youtube videos- without it stopping and freezing every 2 seconds. I have dsl, so internet speed is not the problem. The really odd thing is that if I continually move my mouse around, it's less choppy and freezes less often. Very strange. This glitch is driving me absolutely batty. I've tried completely uninstalling FF and doing a clean install, I've tried creating a new profile, etc etc. Nothing at all works. I have no problems with IE or Opera. Works just fine with those browsers. I filed a bug report weeks ago. At this point I have no idea what to do.
Melodeath

Post by Melodeath »

How many tabs do you guys have open?

I ask b/c I had this problem too. I had 180 tabs open. I just started my session over and have 14 tabs now,a nd I have been able to watch numerous YouTube videos.