User Help for Mozilla Firefox
CunninLynguists

Post by CunninLynguists »

above post referring to tab mix plus
Melodeath

Post by Melodeath »

you disabled it and restarted firefox?

I haven't tried disabling TMP yet.

Firefox was working for the longest it has yet, but then I restarted firefox and flash wouldn't work from the get-go.
flamingkitties

Post by flamingkitties »

Well I installed Flash8 and nothing has gone astray however, THIS IS NOT A FECKING SOLUTION.

Now I can't view some content as it wants Flash9 to run it.
Someone get it together and tell us what's wrong I DO NOT WANT TO USE IE.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

There is a bug in Flash. We told you this on page one.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
flamingkitties

Post by flamingkitties »

I don't care that you don't care about my aversion to IE. I'm not even going to turn IE on.
I'm frustrated that all the things I need to do can't be done because of this.
(I see no mention of what's wrong on page one.)

And very well done for being a volunteer in a forum, you'd have thought the people who get paid might want to hurry up and do something about this problem being as Flash is more or less a vital tool for people these days.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

I split your last 2 posts off.
Please don't dupe.
AFAIK, the Flash bug is being worked on.
Why not ask Adobe & refer them to this thread?
> http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
flamingkitties

Post by flamingkitties »

Because other people have mentioned their struggle at trying to get in touch with Adobe, and I don't want to have to get annoyed at yet another set of people who want to send me Exciting Pre-Determined Generic Help Emails which are generally of no use to me.

I didn't dupe on purpose, Firefox slowed down to a grind and I thought it was going to crash, twice, but it didn't. I apologise, it must have been my connection slowing down which did it.
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Actually, it was the forum that hung. Don't know what's up with it, but is was down for over 12 hours... Just came back up about three hours ago.
flamingkitties

Post by flamingkitties »

In which case BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH, and WAH.
I think I might go back to Encyclopaedias, they don't crash.
What on earth did we do before the internet?
VanillaMozilla

Post by VanillaMozilla »

Flash is proprietary stuff, owned by Adobe. If you don't like it, talk to Adobe about it. My best suggestion is just say "no", and tell Webmasters about it.

There are some alternatives, but you've really gotta wanna do it, and you still probably won't be able to play Flash 9. Like MS stuff, Flash has a lot of bugs, and it is just getting bigger and bigger. Looking at the bright side, it's free and it works (sort of).

And watch out for the security holes it introduces. You'd best block it when you don't absolutely need it.
VanillaMozilla

Post by VanillaMozilla »

Ah, here's a solution. Use UnPlug or some other extension to download the video, so you can view it separately. Now you just need a Flash viewer. If you can't find anything else, Ubuntu gets and installs what you need sort of automatically. Highly recommended, and always free.
Melodeath

Post by Melodeath »

So even if it fails in Firefox while working in Opera, it can still be a bug in Flash and not Firefox?

How do we know the flash bug is being worked on?
flamingkitties

Post by flamingkitties »

Yeah it works in IE too, or it did when I first checked it some weeks ago.
Perhaps Mozilla and Adobe should talk to each other if they're not already.

Surely if it's not fixed, at some point, advertisers are going to get pissy when they pay for adverts across all browsers, which then fail on Firefox and lose them money.
VanillaMozilla

Post by VanillaMozilla »

Flaming,
IE does not use the same plugin. It's not the same code. Your other points have also been covered several times, so I won't bother.

Melodeath,
I have also answered your question previously. Sorry, can't help you further.
carolyn56

Post by carolyn56 »

Just disabling Tabmix plus normally didn't stop the problem for me. I had to disable all the addons by running Firefox Safemode and setting the option to disable addons permanently. Then I restarted Firefox normally and began to activate the addons one at a time and trying to access the videos. The videos were all working fine until I reactivated the tabmix plus addon. (it's one of my favorites too) It seems strange that disabling addons this way would make any difference but evidently, for me, it did.
Carolyn