Does this look like an Adobe forum?
John 3:16 and Philippians 4:13

Post by Guest »

The only thing that worked for me is to preinstall version 9.0.47
simone molinaro

Youtube problems

Post by simone molinaro »

alterna wrote:Just a wild thought:

What is your cache set at? (Tools / advanced / network) Does clearing the cache have any effect?

Yes!!! Clearing the cache worked for me! Thanks!

(I tried enabling javascript, updating Flash Player, but clearing the cache is the only thing that worked.)
iter praemium est "The journey is its own reward"
Selendrile

Post by Selendrile »

MINE IS DOING THE SAME!!

and that's ALL flash video.

it plays two seconds stop, until i click on the bar somewhere else, then it starts again, and then stops after two seconds!
it just started two days ago.

and no its not lag LOL
trust me!
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

LoudNoise wrote:
steviex wrote:You need to address this to Adobe, the manufacturer of the Flash Player. I believe, like most Software companies, they want you to use the most up to date and secure version of their player.

Archived versions of Flash Player are HERE..... http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewCon ... &sliceId=1

Adobe recommends these are used for TEST purposes only, and urges all users to update to the most secure version available.
No Support is available for these versions of Flash.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
Murska

Post by Murska »

Oddly enough, I'm having this exact same problem, but with IE aswell. :/
Can't watch any videos, and even WORSE, no sound works at ALL anywhere, anytime. Was using the older version but the bug reappeared.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

If you are having problems with both browsers then it is a system problem. Most likely your firewall is blocking it.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
littiman

all browsers affected

Post by littiman »

i suppose that everything ive wanted to say has already been said. i tried every solution posted here... changed my firewall settings, installed the old version of flash, installed the latest version of flash, tried opera, tried ie and everything else... the stoppage problem is persistent on all 3 browsers, even those whose firewalls have been deactivated; it buffers for a while, then stops completely and its really irritating. i suppose this is, as many people are saying, some problem with the latest version of adobe flash plugin.

like many others, im one of those who spends some part of his spare time checking out the videos on youtube.... buffering speed was good until a few days ago... im beginning to wonder... when is this problem ever going to get sorted out... before both mozilla and adobe suffer serious setbacks due to consumer criticisms...

thank you all for your helpful suggestions..
LoudNoise

Re: all browsers affected

Post by LoudNoise »

littiman wrote:... tried opera, tried ie and everything else... the stoppage problem is persistent on all 3 browsers, even those whose firewalls have been deactivated; ...

im beginning to wonder... when is this problem ever going to get sorted out... before both mozilla and adobe suffer serious setbacks due to consumer criticisms...

Since it happens on all three browser and the I.E. version is different from that used by the other two browsers I really suspect that it has something to do with your system. What have you changed in the past few days?
Post wrangler
VanillaMozilla

Re: all browsers affected

Post by VanillaMozilla »

Don't forget too, YouTube has to serve a huge amount of data. How many million people are demanding uninterrupted streaming video simultaneously? Why is anyone surprised that sometimes it's fast, while other times it's slow? I think it's a miracle that it works at all.
Vlogman144

Video stops at 2 seconds

Post by Vlogman144 »

I ran the flash script
go to c:\windows\system32\macromed\flash\ and theres a file called flashutil....

and now the videos are working fine

Blogman
littiman

youtube problems..

Post by littiman »

well, loudnoise, i havent changed anything. no settings changed. ive got a couple of gb ram running on an amd quad core phenom 9500 processor and a real good motherboard on an xp professional os. its quite new.. security is running on eset security suite which has not caused problems on youtube buffering until a week ago. i had it installed a month ago. apart from a few games which i had installed a month back.. i havent changed anything.. like everyone else, i suppose, its because of the flash plugin problem.

yeah, it might be due to the server loads at youtube but is it possible that youtube servers are kept occupied all the time; i mean, is there not a single slot that can be used during a particular period of the day?
chickenofthewoods

I'll be danged!

Post by chickenofthewoods »

Hi all.

Couldn't resist replying to this.

Our home network has no issues that i can discern, and broadband cable that tests at appropriate speeds.

There are three clients connected almost continuously, and all of them experience this issue. So why is there so little information available about this gaffe?

One PC is a rather aged box with little memory and a 1.4Ghz processor, one a relatively new Dell lappy with decent specs, and the other an ibook G4 also with halfway decent specs.

The Dinosaur PC is using fresh firefox and XP Pro. The ibook uses safari and IE, and obviously osx. The other lappy has IE and xp home.

All of them pause, both in playback and in buffering, and none of them did this until recently. (estimates are two to four months.)

Anyway, I'm about to try some of these solutions and will be back to report my experience.

So, what I'm saying is, I don't think it's a problem with users' networks, rather, the flash player seems to be at fault.

No other aspect of internet browsing seems affected, and it is any and all flash, from embedded myspace craps, to metacafe, to funnyordie, or youtube and google.video...

peas
Macanudo

Post by Macanudo »

Chiming in as well. This began happening to me within the past 2-3 days. And ONLY after the latest Firefox update. I have tried uninstalling stuff and reinstalling. No dice. The closest I have come to fixing is that now if I open a tab to youtube, the video and audio will play while I'm on that tab but not if I click over to another tab. When I return to the Youtube tab, the video continues.

I am running XP on a 3 year old HP laptop with average specs.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Macanudo-
You most likely have a something went mildly wrong during the update problem. You should start a new thread.
Post wrangler