Youtube videos pausing

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
fruitgrape

Post by fruitgrape »

I think the problem is flash player 9, and it's two days since i downgraded to flash player 8 and no problem with youtube.
pvacchina

Flash freeze

Post by pvacchina »

The problem with flash player freezing after 2 secs occurs when loading 15 or more flash videos in the same browser window. In fact not just loading but scrolling over 15 or more flash videos. Videos can be in multiple tabs, when scrolling over the fifteenth the problem occurs.

The only solution up to now is to downgrade flash player to 9.0.47.0 or earlier version.

Also the problem occurs in all browsers using the same flash plug-in, that is firefox, opera and maybe others. It does not occur in IE.
OG LOC

Re: Flash freeze

Post by OG LOC »

pvacchina wrote:The problem with flash player freezing after 2 secs occurs when loading 15 or more flash videos in the same browser window. In fact not just loading but scrolling over 15 or more flash videos. Videos can be in multiple tabs, when scrolling over the fifteenth the problem occurs.

The only solution up to now is to downgrade flash player to 9.0.47.0 or earlier version.

Also the problem occurs in all browsers using the same flash plug-in, that is firefox, opera and maybe others. It does not occur in IE.

I agree, same problem.
Melodeath

Re: Flash freeze

Post by Melodeath »

pvacchina wrote:The problem with flash player freezing after 2 secs occurs when loading 15 or more flash videos in the same browser window. In fact not just loading but scrolling over 15 or more flash videos. Videos can be in multiple tabs, when scrolling over the fifteenth the problem occurs.

Well, this is not how it works for me.

The problem happens to me before my 15th tab of flash. Flash usually works if I only have 1 tab of it at a time, but it has definitely failed me in the past even when I only had 1 or 2 flash tabs.

Also, downgrading to 9.0.47.0 did not fix the problem at all for me.

I have had firefox fail at Flash at the same time as I had Opera open, which had flash working.

I have had the same glitch in IE.
Euchre

Post by Euchre »

I've noticed that on Win 2k and SeaMonkey that such Flash videos are experiencing some kind of glitch. YouTube embeds load about halfway, and once they play to that point they freak out with the seek control bouncing from there to the end and the video unable to play the rest. When I view via YouTube itself I have no issues. I have the embed type situation arising on LiveVideo's videos occasionally on the site itself. I think this is a Flash issue with network timeouts of some sort.
Gecko
One Rendering Engine to rule them all.
JBZIN

it's not tab mix plus

Post by JBZIN »

Because I'm having this exact problem and I'm not using it
JBZIN

Post by JBZIN »

It's not Tab Mix Plus
tryingtolikethis

Post by tryingtolikethis »

Just wanted to add my experiences here:

I just got a new computer 2 weeks ago, and from day 1 with a new firefox install and the newest flash I was getting this problem:
YouTube videos would play, but they would take extremely long to load. 20-40 seconds to buffer. Ridiculous.

Then today, I tried to check some videos this morning and I got either:
Video would buffer in under 10 seconds, but then play for only 2-3 seconds with no sound and the red loading bar would start CRAWLING around 1/3 of the way. So atm, I pretty much cannot watch any Youtube videos and have to use IE to view them.

- It doesn't matter how many tabs I have open. 1 or 100, I get the exact same problem. It's something in Firefox, not anything to do with the load bearing on firefox or volume of tabs or flash files going on.

- On my previous install of firefox, on my old computer, I did not have these problems at all. Videos played lightning fast. So I'm wondering if this might be a new version of firefox problem. I still have the install for an older version of FireFox I might possibly try going back to it. But I always installed the new update whenever it was available so I was running the newest FF on my old computer and not experiencing this.

It seems like, what, everybody is getting this problem? Is there anybody running all the latest updates of FF + plugins that can play their YouTube videos fine?
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

jmpage2,
I split your post off of this topic and moved it to Firefox Builds where the test builds are discussed. http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=660424
dreamingflower

Post by dreamingflower »

Im new here and wow Vanilla you are a little rude and hostile.

Interesting... are you a mod?
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

And being new here, you should have read the rules. No insulting other users. Consider this your first warning. Do it again, and you will no longer be welcome here. And I AM a moderator.
VanillaMozilla

Post by VanillaMozilla »

Dreaming,
Sorry if it appears that way. Some of us get a little testy when we see the same questions or the same accusations coming repeatedly from the same people, or from people who should already have read the repetitive replies. But with 16 pages of posts, sometimes we shoot and miss.

But in order to actually provide useful answers that can be found and understood, we do try to keep it business-like, without a lot of extraneous chatter.
fir3fox

Post by fir3fox »

Hi pafindr,

Use SpeedBit Video Accelerator around the Web at http://www.videoaccelerator.com/download/ Make it much faster.
Sincerely, fir3fox
-------------------
Firefox 3.0 RC 2
garg654

Post by garg654 »

I switched to Flash 10 beta and have no encountered the problem. There are other issues though, like some sites keep asking me to install flash.
Sorgen

Post by Sorgen »

Running the FlashUtil (FlashUtil9f in Vista) worked great for me running Vista Home Premium! I ran it, asked about an update, I "updated" and it finished. I closed Firefox, reopened, and bam, my videos work!