Youtube videos pausing

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Lieutenant

firefox

Post by Lieutenant »

so there STILL hasn't been a solution? i used to LOVE firefox! it could do everything, but now i just want it to play my damn youtube videos. although there is a solution i have found (kinda)...

download Cooliris Piclense addon for firefox and they added a new update/feature where u can also view youtube videos instead of just pics.. i mean the videos work fine i guess. but the only problem is that the sound is messed up (crackles) but hey, its MUCH better progress. thats all i can think of....

oooo sweeeeeeeeeeetttt i just found another partial solution/progress

well there is this "youtube hack" going around... well its not really a hack, but thats what people call it. all it does it plays youtube videos in "high quality"... well all u do is type &fmt=18 after the link in the address bar of the video... well now the video plays fine.. just there isn't any audio....

but yeah, thats all the solutions i could think of.

Post by Guest »

Youtube works fine for me on WinXP, and I think it's not firefox who is the problem here.
I use Nod32 2.7 (antivirus), Sygate (Firewall), ccleaner (at bootup who clean files)
And if it is something related between Firefox and Flashplayer ! I bet that adobe had change something in later version who set Firefox in a danger situation and result firefox not do what flashplayer will do.

I use version 9,0,115,0 of flash player.
You can check you version here http://www.adobe.com/products/flash/about/

So, my tip will be test ccleaner and clean HDD and reg from junk before testing Youtube.
http://www.ccleaner.com/

<Fantasya>

Post by Guest »

MUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHHA

ok,
heres wad i do
im on windows xp and it works!
when opera fails,use firefox
when firefox fails,use opera
zarma

Re: Flash freeze

Post by zarma »

pvacchina wrote:The problem with flash player freezing after 2 secs occurs when loading 15 or more flash videos in the same browser window. In fact not just loading but scrolling over 15 or more flash videos. Videos can be in multiple tabs, when scrolling over the fifteenth the problem occurs.

The only solution up to now is to downgrade flash player to 9.0.47.0 or earlier version.

Also the problem occurs in all browsers using the same flash plug-in, that is firefox, opera and maybe others. It does not occur in IE.

This is the same exact problem I have in both FF v3.0 and Opera v2.5. However, the flash videos work just fine in friggin' IE7.
VanillaMozilla

Post by VanillaMozilla »

Flash for IE is a completely different program. It's supposed to do the same thing, but the code is different.
Last edited by VanillaMozilla on June 20th, 2008, 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant

Post by Lieutenant »

ok so the known solution is to download adobe flash 8.0... it works fine now.
yoism

Post by yoism »

We summarized the conclusions from this thread and from other discussions of this issue from other forums on the Internet with the temporary (admittedly not fully satisfactory) workaround here: http://ww sm.org/?q=node/152#flash You can follow the directions and download the necessary files from that page.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Note: Use FilesForFixingFlashProblem.zip from the above page with great care if at all. A guest posting a helpful executable file is likely to be bad news.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
bender29

Post by bender29 »

Please look at this post for a more detailed report of the behavior this "2 second" problem.

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=665668

With the problem defined we can get to finding a way to reproduce the issue. And with those explicit steps, give it to whichever company is supposed to fix this darn bug already!
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Actually, the problem is solve by the next, currently in beta, version of Flash.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
edifantasy

Post by edifantasy »

Flash 10? And when will it be released?
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

How should I know? Go to the Flash site.
Post wrangler
Satanic Boom Boom Head

Re: Youtube videos pausing

Post by Satanic Boom Boom Head »

Flash 10 beta solves the problem. Here is the link http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/. Cheers.
Zulithe

Post by Zulithe »

yes flash 10 fixes it. but be aware, some sites SNIFF your flash player version. One such site is cnn.com. the video player won't let you play videos if you use flash 10, it will prompt you to change your flash version.

but i imagine youtube is a lot more important than cnn for most people.
spaceace76

Post by spaceace76 »

While this isn't a real solution, this is the only thing I've used so far that works consistently enough to come close. Download the firefox add-on IE Tab. Anytime I notice that flash has stopped working (restarting firefox usually works, but not always), I just re-render the page in IE using IE Tab and the video plays fine. Most of the sites that didn't like my firefox 2 work fine with my new firefox 3, so this extension isn't so handy anymore, but it definitely helps with this situation. For those of you who think that reinstallations or settings changes help, they don't. I've tried nearly every single one mentioned and they only work for a period of time. Reinstalling/changing settings is essentially the same remedy as restarting firefox, as the problem does not immediately present itself, but rather appears after firefox has been open for a while. This is a firefox/adobe compatibility issue and will eventually (hopefully) be resolved. Good luck