Youtube videos pausing

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
AdrianInaba

Post by AdrianInaba »

ok someone tell me why I can't find flash player 8 any more, are they trying to force us to use that ****** new flash player or something? all I can find are upbeat's for flash player 8

Language edited. This is a family forum, keep that in mind when choosing words for your posts.

Dartman (Moderator)
steviex

Post by steviex »

You need to address this to Adobe, the manufacturer of the Flash Player. I believe, like most Software companies, they want you to use the most up to date and secure version of their player.

Archived versions of Flash Player are HERE..... http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewCon ... &sliceId=1

Adobe recommends these are used for TEST purposes only, and urges all users to update to the most secure version available.
No Support is available for these versions of Flash.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.
AdrianInaba

Post by AdrianInaba »

that's useless I downloaded that and it's just a group of files not a flash player. if your not going to give a link to a place to download what someone asks for don't bother trying to help because your just going to piss off the one your trying to help like you've done with me.
steviex

Post by steviex »

Its what Adobe supplies... They are .zip files, that you need to unzip with an archiving program. I believe the archives contain readme files.
Adobe provide NO support for those files.
If you are unhappy with this, talk to Adobe.

I suggest you post on an Adobe Forum HERE http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/ ... forumid=44
or look in the Adobe Knowledge Base.... http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/

We have no connection with Adobe, and are NOT responsible for what they post on their site.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.
Dartman

Post by Dartman »

AdrianInaba,

You also need to watch your overall attitude. In your earlier post, I edited your language and now you're being rude. We're all users here volunteering our time to help other users. You shouldn't bite the hand that is trying to feed you.
Alcohol and Calculus don't mix. Never drink and derive.
Scuba_Steve

Re: FF users moving back to IE?

Post by Scuba_Steve »

Joop Knoop wrote:Ok, so we have a problem in FF in combination with Adobe. We, FF users, cannot solve it. Mozilla has to talk to Adobe. Why? Simple, it doesn't happen to IE and Adobe.
Until then many (read: MANY) FF users will move back to IE and find out that it improved since 4.0 when they moved to FF.

Mozilla, make this your problem and save your users.

Joop.

Dittos

The whole reason I moved to Firefox was to avoid the bugs with Internet Explorer. I reinstalled my OS a few months ago and got the new IE as part of that. I think it took me a couple months before I realized that I was suddenly using IE a whole lot more than I was a year ago. Between Mozilla failing to address issues like this and the memory consumption bug and Microsoft's significant upgrades to IE I believe Mozilla is going to lose a lot of ground.hand.
VanillaMozilla

Post by VanillaMozilla »

Scuba_Steve wrote:Between Mozilla failing to address issues like this...

It's a bug in Adobe Flash. Adobe is attempting to fix it. Just what do you want Mozilla to do? And what makes you think they haven't already done what they can?

And various organizations are working to fix Flash for the long term. Look at this: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/press/mozi ... 11-07.html .
and this:
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/ .

Scuba_Steve wrote:...and the memory consumption bug....

Off the subject, but take a look at this. Look at the second graph, near the bottom, which compares memory use by Firefox 3 and IE7.

Hang in there and keep the faith.
Last edited by VanillaMozilla on March 12th, 2008, 1:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SK.

Post by SK. »

Scuba_Steve wrote:The whole reason I moved to Firefox was to avoid the bugs with Internet Explorer.

It just occurred to me that when I use Firefox, I can completely avoid Internet Explorer bugs.
John 3:16 and Philippians 4:13
steviex

Post by steviex »

Also ... The reason the bug does not occur in IE is... IE uses a DIFFERENT Flash plug in to Firefox.

The problem is with the Firefox Plug in NOT the IE Plug in.

Adobe has to fix this. It is their Software, NOT Mozilla's and Adobe own the bug, NOT Mozilla.

Sun12

Post by Sun12 »

Same problem for Flash videos pausing at vbox7.com

Try any video and you will see what I mean
skreed

Post by skreed »

I'm having the same problem. Read through the first 5 pages and didn't see any solution that universally worked. So no one still has a solution for this problem? Is everyone using FireFox having this problem? if not, then why are we? Is something interfering with it? an extension? I can't believe there is no solution! How can this problem be in firefox, but IE videos work fine???
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

skreed wrote:I'm having the same problem. Read through the first 5 pages and didn't see any solution that universally worked. So no one still has a solution for this problem? Is everyone using FireFox having this problem? if not, then why are we? Is something interfering with it? an extension? I can't believe there is no solution! How can this problem be in firefox, but IE videos work fine???

steviex wrote:Also ... The reason the bug does not occur in IE is... IE uses a DIFFERENT Flash plug in to Firefox.

Adobe has to fix this. It is their Software, NOT Mozilla's and Adobe own the bug, NOT Mozilla.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
skreed

Post by skreed »

steviex wrote:Also ... The reason the bug does not occur in IE is... IE uses a DIFFERENT Flash plug in to Firefox.

So adobe Flash player is the problem that is causing all of this? so since this is a fairly new problem, an uninstall of the current version and an install of a previous version should fix it?
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

steviex wrote:You need to address this to Adobe, the manufacturer of the Flash Player. I believe, like most Software companies, they want you to use the most up to date and secure version of their player.

Archived versions of Flash Player are HERE..... http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewCon ... &sliceId=1

Adobe recommends these are used for TEST purposes only, and urges all users to update to the most secure version available.
No Support is available for these versions of Flash.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."

Post by Guest »

ADOBE SUCKS!!

Fix Flash already. Geez, doesn't anyone check your software before release? Come on.