FireFox freezes? About every few seconds.

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
FireFoxUser6666666

FireFox freezes? About every few seconds.

Post by FireFoxUser6666666 »

Yeah, so simply put, FireFox freezes. I won't do anything exept for surfing the web, when suddenly it'll freeze for a few seconds, but then it'll start up again. Also, I don't know if this helps, but sometimes when it freezes my computer fan heats up. Also, I can still access other programs when this happens, such as AIM and other things that are already opened, I just can't do things in FireFox.
steviex

Post by steviex »

Try the suggestions here ... http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_hangs Are you accessing sites that are loading a lot of Flash ?
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.
FireFoxUser666

response

Post by FireFoxUser666 »

it seems to happen with every website I use, including this one. And the linnk you gave me didn't help.
steviex

Post by steviex »

OK... Work your way through the Standard Diagnostic.... http://kb.mozillazine.org/Standard_diagnostic_-_Firefox
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.
c2herr

Re: FireFox freezes? About every few seconds.

Post by c2herr »

There is an add-on that will fix this. It's called Javascript Debugger.

In a Firefox window, click on "Tools" at the top. Then click on "add-ons" and click on "Get add-ons" on the pop-up window. In the search line, type "java" and click the hourglass. Scroll down and add the "Javascript Debugger" and I also recommend the "Java Quickstarter" add-on.

The debugger will prevent the "hanging" of Firefox on just about every site. For problem sites, Quickstarter gives you 2 buttons on the bottom bar in Firefox. You can use these to block all Java (J button) or all Javascripts (JS button) or both at will.
LIMPET235

Re: FireFox freezes? About every few seconds.

Post by LIMPET235 »

Thanks for the reply but after 18 months, I doubt whether the OP is still monitoring this thread.
Locking.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)