Image disappears on refresh

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
JohnDD

Re: Image disappears on refresh

Post by JohnDD »

It is good that the culprit has been found, but does anyone know why this happens on some websites but not others? I also have this Real plugin, and the only website it causes a problem with is mine. I would like to tackle the problem directly rather than add a 1x1 pixel workaround.
Edward Mario

Post by Edward Mario »

wow, you guys saved me a whole day of frustrations. i also noticed that it's only when your page is coded in xhtml, and if you change the first syntax to plain html, it doesnt have this problem. it doesnt matter however if the dtd is frameset, strict or transitional, i like the advice of the 1 by 1 pixel with the same color as the background. this will be the fix for me until there is an update that fixes the problem. i don't want to go back to plain html, but, its never given me a problem. as for the person who said they didnt have the problem, obviously they didnt have latest realplayer installed or not using firefox. amazing how simple quirks like this can ruin a whole day. luckily i found this post this time before that happened. THANK YOU, THANK YOU and GRACIAS.

p.s. rjpub- how is it living in the netherlands/amsterdam? could you compare it to america, err, u.s. honostly? i'm thinking of relocating, only thing ive heard bad about it really is terrible freedom of speach rights? is this true, or is this our media lying 'more' to us? (email removed)

[edit]email removed. no mail support here but harvesting robots. trolly (moderator)[/edit]
temmons

Post by temmons »

The addon suggestion helped a lot. I was having the same problem but have been able to determine it is actually being caused by a different addon.

Load Time Analyzer version 1.5 will also cause this issue.
julieensor

Post by julieensor »

Just want to say THANK YOU!!! I have been fighting with my site for an hour now trying to figure out why the heck the first picture on the page keeps disappearing when I refresh from the cache. I disabled my RealPlayer plugin, as suggested, and it's perfect! I thought I was about to lose my mind...
cybershot

Post by cybershot »

I am having a similar problem with Websites that contain PNG images having read and acted upon this thread and the MozillaZine article http://kb.mozillazine.org/Images_or_ani ... o_not_load , I am still no nearer to solving my problem whereby PNG images disappear after reloading the page containing them. I can restore the full complement of images by disabling my Virgin Media PC Guard package which includes a firewall, but as soon as I reload these elements, which include menu buttons, vanish again. The problem arises in both IE and Firefox.

Any clues why this conflict might still be happening?

TIA

David
Dartman

Post by Dartman »

cybershot,

Since you started your own thread, stay with that one for further help.

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1123245&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
Alcohol and Calculus don't mix. Never drink and derive.
cepxuo

Post by cepxuo »

Also with the "Load Time Analyzer 1.5" addon, all images from the page dissappeared, not only the first one. So the 1x1 photo fix won't work. Anyway this addon is only for developers and usual users won't see this bug.

Post by Guest »

The image trick did not work for me, but declaring an HTML doc type did. Wow. Thanks for the info.
paulsnotsure

Post by paulsnotsure »

Sorry to bump, the problem is Real Player... Who do we contact to see if a fix can be made to the add on? I know alot of people who have this add on!
trolly

Post by trolly »

Think for yourself. Otherwise you have to believe what other people tell you.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Constitution says: One man, one vote. Supreme court says: One dollar, one vote.

Post by Guest »

I am trying to remove the RealPlayer Browser Download Plugin due to the fact that it is not compatible with Firefox 3.5.2. However, the Add-Ons listing of this plugin had the buttons deactivated, including Uninstall. Some of the Add-Ons have been removable through the Windows Control Panel Add or Remove Programs function, but this plugin is not listed there at all. Any clues how to remove this beast? I actually liked the feature. It worked fairly well with FF3.5.1, but not this time around. On the RealPlayer website the topic is discussed, but the last poster simply said it should be removed. That's no help.

Post by Guest »

I'm getting images disappearing even when I start Firefox in Safe mode. I bring up the web site I'm developing, hit refresh anywhere from 2 to 8 times, and the image disappears, only to reappear after restarting Firefox.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

You are replying to an elderly thread (2008). Locking. Please start a new thread fully describing the problem.

Also, you should register and ask this question in our web development section.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."