2nd Time With This: Firefox Stops Embedded Flash Media

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
zoomcrackers2

Re: 2nd Time With This: Firefox Stops Embedded Flash Media

Post by zoomcrackers2 »

Have seen bug also in FF and Chrome -- restarting browser didn't always solve the problem. Just now ran into it in Chrome, found this forum, uninstalled Realplayer, restarted browser, problem solved. Thanks!

Post by Guest »

http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FP-211

Flash Player beta 10 fixes the problem but since it's beta, you have other issues. ;)
jscher2000

Post by jscher2000 »

fxfan313 wrote:3. And another guy claimed success with this: "Those using firefox, exit Firefox, and just go to the following directory "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles", and delete the folder in there (don't worry, it will be recreated when you next launch FF). THis should rectify the issue for you."

AWFUL ADVICE! That would blow away all your bookmarks and other customizations (if your user name is
Admin). To safely create a new profile, use the Profile Manager. See http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Managing+profiles

Edit: Actually, that might be where Firefox keeps its Cache folder on Vista (I'm an XP user). Removing the Cache folder doesn't seem that likely to help, but probably wouldn't remove any essential settings files.
James

Post by James »

fxfan313 wrote:3. And another guy claimed success with this: "Those using firefox, exit Firefox, and just go to the following directory "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles", and delete the folder in there (don't worry, it will be recreated when you next launch FF). THis should rectify the issue for you."

Bad advice. If one is going to just delete with reckless abandon then at least BACKUP this first as some people care about their settings like Bookmarks and password and such.
ikjadoon

Post by ikjadoon »

http://www.java.com/en/download/windows ... ava.com:80

Try clicking "free download now" and then playing the flash movie again. Fixes the issue for me every time, as I get it rather intermittently.

~Ibrahim~
ivanaud

Post by ivanaud »

just want to confirm the 15 instances limit. Regardless of tabs, 15 instances of embedded flash player works fine. 16 fails.
As a developer I am avoiding having too many embeds (12 is my limit) - but this will not help with users who have a lot of tabs open.
Stefmen

Post by Stefmen »

Installing the latest version solved my problems (No audio playback and video stops after about 5 seconds). Version: 9.0.124.0. I've just installed it normally, did not uninstall anything at all.
wader2k

Post by wader2k »

This problem seemed to resolve itself for a few months .....but it has now returned to haunt me.....now I can't even get it to work using my prior workarounds....

Grrrr!
slyy

Post by slyy »

...So yeeaah. I've recently updated my flash player... and updated my Firefox browser.
And now, all videos play for like... a second or two.. then stops.

I could click anywhere on the timeline to keep it playing... but it just stops after a little also.

So until this problem gets recognized by the Firefox Dev peoples.... or the Flash peoples...
I guess it was a mistake to update? o.o
C_T

Post by C_T »

Which sites? All or just certain ones?

In most cases the latest Flash release should work fine with FF 3.05 so you may be able to troubleshoot the problem if you'd care to provide more details.
JNR

Post by JNR »

I use MAC leopard 10.5.6 and CNN video streaming (news clips etc) alone was affected, becoming frozen, with the toolbar under the video window greyed out. I cleared the cache and rebooted. That fixed the CNN video freeze caused by the latest FF download. Hope this helps someone.

Post by Guest »

I uninstalled the media wrap extension and it fixed the flash player stopping problem