Problems loading pages in firefox

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
chrisdab

Post by chrisdab »

Thanks for this thread, my problems are fixed. I followed the fix at http://kb.mozillazine.org/Problematic_extensions and uninstalled DTA. I also set custom connection preferences which I didnt know about before this problem. Firefox is blazing fast now. Thanks

link for tweaking settings for faster performance.
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Category:Tweaking_preferences

Post by Guest »

OpenDNS worked like a dream for me. I've been frustrated ever since upgrading from dialup to DSL, since in many instances my page loading was much SLOWER on DSL than dialup, and the "blank page" issue was driving me batty.

Apparently my high-speed provider (ATT/Yahoo) is not DNS-friendly on its own, but with OpenDNS everything has sped up amazingly.

Thanks to this forum, what is left of my sanity has been saved (for the moment anyway).

Post by Guest »

BurnOmania wrote:Well I can't write all the add-ons i'm using but according to Burkazoid list lets find some match up:

DownThemAll!
Download Statusbar
Adblock Plus

If you ask me, like Burkazoid said b4 its probably one of our addons that teasing us.

DownThemAll! & Adblock Plus are recently updated and since then all my problems began.

More ppl with the same condition here ?

I have the same problems and had to use new profiles twice - and the problem is back. I use DownThemAll too, but I stayed with ver .99 and never had a problem. I also tried everything suggested. No good. each of the last 2 times FF updated, problems began.
logicnazi

DownThemAll

Post by logicnazi »

DTA increases these values as needed to enable it to download many files simultaneously and each of those in several chunks. Whether or not you think it is somehow an 'unfair' use of network resources to use several connections to download the same file form what is likely just one host this is something a FF extension should be able to do. The difficulty, I imagine, is that the limits about connections are set globably so DTA must bump them up if it is to implement it's download strategy.

Ideally the solution would be to let certain extensions declare connections to be exempt form these limits.

However, in the mean time DTA does cause people problems and probably should be on the problematic list. However, I also think it's an excellent extension and it deserves pointing out that a trivial pref change will avoid the problematic behavior. Simply limit DTA to 4 concurrent downloads and disable downloading multiple chunks per file (set it to 1 chunk per file). While set up in this fashion DTA hasn't modified any of my network prefs...and for most of the time they were set to the recommendations for FF3 (some of the limits in the FF2 defaults were undesierably small and might have been raised even with these options).

So in short just reset these pref values to something u think is reasonable and then modify DTA as I said and your back to where you wanted to be without having to give up the convenience of DTA.
Alice

Post by Alice »

You can also try updating to DownThemAll version 1.0.1 which should resolve the issue, according to: http://www.downthemall.net/main/install ... emall-101/
Reverting to 0.9.x behavior for network.max.connections manipulation to accommodate users reporting slow-downs (See notes; #613)
<snip>
Notes
<snip>
There were multiple reports that the way dTa resets some preferences about connection limitations slows down the whole browsing experience. Furthermore people claimed this didn’t happen with 0.9.x. We therefore reverted back to what 0.9.x did with said preferences.

If you haven't done so already, you may still need to reset your network.http.max-* preferences one last time, in case the update to version 1.0.1 doesn't fix the problematic settings.
Alice Wyman
bobkarla

Post by bobkarla »

I have most of those addon and a copy of spybot plus zonealarm pro but my problem started right

after installing FF Beta 5.

Even though i'm not using FF beta 5 at the moment but it features are still showing up in my FF 2.0.0.14 browser.

For instance like the copy and paste is being blocked it keep popping up with "you're not allowed to use

this function.

But when I log onto webpages I alway need to be refreshing the webpage at least 4 or 5 times before it even show any webpage contents.
Last edited by bobkarla on April 26th, 2008, 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

Even though i'm not using FF beta 5 at the moment but it features are still showing up in my FF 2.0.0.14 browser.
Are you running both versions using the same Profile?
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=613873
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
bobkarla

Post by bobkarla »

I just rebooted again and here what happen with Zonealarm Pro and my Svchost.exe

...and Yes i'm running both on the same Profile,..

But I also just discovery something very weird going on with my svchost.exe network service.

Well it turn out that my zonealarm pro just requested me to allow access to my svchost.exe network service. I already have one svchost network online...

Now here is the best part about all this..... I refuse to give the other svchost.exe any access but there is one svchost.exe online but not using both.

I assuming that one is for the client end and the other is for server?

Now it running even faster and no web pages is missfiring on load ups content, no reloading R5 is require!!!

Now after allowing the svchost (with a *.tmp file description) back online it back running slow again with webpages not loading up properly this including 4 or 5 reloads retry.

Please excuse me for one hot minute,.. DAMM!

Do you need any additional info on this?

Btw I just tested the newest Opera browser and i'm having the same stupid issues.
bobkarla

Post by bobkarla »

Well once again it slowing down and a mess load of R5 reloading.
bobkarla

Post by bobkarla »

about:config

btw what is the setting for network.http.max-connections ?

My setting is at 24

network.http.max-connections-per-server is at 8

network.http.pipelining is set to false

network.http.pipelining.maxrequests 4

Btw how do I drag the about:config url link into my bookmarks toolbar folder?
james.crackcorn

Post by james.crackcorn »

so, i have something to add and help to ask for.

first, version2.0.0.12 did all that to me for a bit and the decided to fix itself.
two days ago, i faithfully did the automatic update to 2.0.0.14...suddenly any page with a redirect hangs forever. i can't access gmail, do any google searches....almost nothing. it allows me to browse here and other place (before you send me to the "random pages won't load", please note that the pages are NOT random)

i do not run different profiles.

i do not have any extensions other than a translator.

as asinine as it sounds, right now i do not even have a firewall on, b/c i am trying to give unfettered access.

HELP!
bobkarla

Post by bobkarla »

Please Do Tell!!!
james.crackcorn

Post by james.crackcorn »

quick update.

i did a total cache, history cookie clear, and was allowed access to gmail and google searches for approx 5(!!) minutes, then more of the same.

i clear cache, then nothing. i clear cache, close firefox, reopen, and nothing. i'll be honest...i HATE explorer, but have been forced to try it....same thing seems to be happening.

i know that that behavior tells me that there is a deeper problem,BUT this problem did not exist before i updated firefox.

i don't install random helper programs on my computer...i see it as a large filing cabinet that is designed to do my bidding without any autonomy and suddenly there seems to be a kink in that operational theory.

all i want is version 2.0.0.10 or 2.0.0.11 back so i can go back to loving mozilla and never having any problems with it. (btw i installed the beta test version last night and it does the same bloody thing....who should i talk to about what was changed between 2.0.0.12 and 2.0.0.14? this has to be something so simple it's tupid, but it is causing me a great amount of hassel, as I CANNOT COMMUNICATE LIKE A 21st CENTURY HUMAN BEING!!! i am bloody well relegated to the telephone and that is unacceptable.

HELP!! ;-)
bobkarla

Post by bobkarla »

Thanks for the update!

Well it seem to be only one cure for me and that is,.. too keep rebooting until
Zonealarm Pro permission alignment up with the correct categories of web
components sequences in a orderly fashion order.

When the last process allowed access to internet ZA Pro Alert access is requested the
second file of Svchost.exe for network access which I completely deny. Here is some
proof to back up my claims.

Here willingly i'm still able to surf comfortably but if I give access to 2nd SvcHost.exe
then the whole experiences on the web is a complete wash!

...And what is the deal with this new annoying feature on Mozillazine? Why is this necessary? Silly...
Dartman

Post by Dartman »

I can't comment on your other issues, but I can comment on on your comments regarding your second screen shot.

What you are seeing is CAPTCHA. It's used to keep or slow down people (or bots) (spammers) from creating mass accounts in order to spam, etc... It's not silly!.

You saw this because you tried making a post while you were not logged into this forum with your user name of bobkarla. Only Guests, or those not signed in see this code.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captcha
Alcohol and Calculus don't mix. Never drink and derive.