Adobe Flash video playback jerky

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
MarsVolta

Adobe Flash video playback jerky

Post by MarsVolta »

Every time i watch a video that uses flash (youtube etc.) or even if i look at my Zune card, the playback is jerky... kinda like it skips a few frames, or pauses for a second every 5 seconds
It only does this in FireFox. Safari, Opera, I.E all run video fine.
I'm running Vista Ultimate
Summutt

Post by Summutt »

I am having the same problem with any video I try to replay.....hope someone can sort this out for us. It's very irritating. I read somewhere that Firefox does not support such videos, but when I go to I.E., I get the same result. You say yours works fine with I.E.??
Walk with beauty and a fair following wind.
Alikiwi

Re: Adobe Flash video playback jerky

Post by Alikiwi »

Firefox, IE its both the same. Used to have no problem, now any video clip runs for 2 or 3 seconds and stops for 2 seconds, while it waits for the rest to download off the net. And I am using broadband! I've looked at other sites, and same problem two years ago, and the poor fellow never got an answer! Broadband speed 100mbps...
run away from windows xp

Post by run away from windows xp »

Just thought I'd add my name to the list. I swear it has something to do with updating to service pack 3 in xp or something. I just wiped my hd and reinstalled windows xp, and I could watch flash videos up until a couple of days ago. In the meantime it was updating to service pack 3....
so9gene

Post by so9gene »

Make sure Flash for Firefox is up to date, Firefox and IE use different versions of the Flash plugin you have to update them both.
After that, check your video card driver.
Also, use Adblock Plus to block other Flash ads that may be distracting the computer from rendering the video you want it to.

Post by Guest »

This may be a clue to the solution:
What I discovered is that the video seems to play smoothly if I jiggle my mouse cursor in the video window. The faster I do it the smoother the video plays. It does not work outside of the video.
Can anyone else replicate this? Mine is a Logitec MX Revolution.

Latest updates to Firefox, Flash, addons are installed.
kentxo

Post by kentxo »

Guest wrote:This may be a clue to the solution:
What I discovered is that the video seems to play smoothly if I jiggle my mouse cursor in the video window. The faster I do it the smoother the video plays. It does not work outside of the video.
Can anyone else replicate this? Mine is a Logitec MX Revolution.

Latest updates to Firefox, Flash, addons are installed.

that was me. sorry. logged in now to get notification of replies.