MozillaZine

Error 797 with Sprint aircard

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
AirCardcrazy

Post Posted April 19th, 2008, 7:51 pm

I love my new aircard, and fortunately, I'm not having the problem that the person on the AT&T card is having. However, if I don't have the Sprint aircard installed and am working off of my internal wireless connection, I get an error 797 (the modem (the Sprint aircard) cannot be found) almost every time I try to navigate to a new page. It's driving me nuts! Can someone pse help me solve this problem?

Ironically, I do share one thing in common with the AT&T card person: This problem only occurs when I am using Firefox. If I use IE (which I hate with a passion), I don't have this problem.

Please help me! I don't want to have to live a life of using IE if I can keep from it!

AirCardcrazy

Post Posted April 19th, 2008, 7:52 pm

By "internal wireless card," I'm meaning the WiFi card installed in my computer, and I'm surfing on my cable connection (via router).

TIA for any help!

the-edmeister

Post Posted April 19th, 2008, 10:56 pm

Does Sprint have technical support forums? You might do better asking there because I don't think that a 797 error has anything to do with Firefox. It sounds like a DUNS error common to Win2000 & WinXP. - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/317222 - or related to Network Connections in the Control Panel
1. Which OS are you running?
2. Is the "aircard" plugged in when that is happening? Does that happen if it is not plugged in?
3. In Firefox go to Tools > Options -> Advanced > Network - Connection = Settings
What setting are you using? Is that set for Direct Connection to the Internet

Ed
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.

AirCardcrazy

Post Posted April 20th, 2008, 5:53 am

Thanks, Ed, for your response.

This error only comes up when I have the aircard disconnected and am using my home WiFi connection.

I'm running Win XP. I have played with different network settings in FF, and no matter what I pick, I still get the 797 error. (I have tried the "direct connection to Internet"....and it's better but not totally gone.

I may try to call Sprint tech support or look for Sprint forums. Thanks!

Return to Firefox Support