Import del.icio.us Bookmarks Into Firefox 3?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Simon_Rear

Re: Import del.icio.us Bookmarks Into Firefox 3?

Post by Simon_Rear »

Maby some other none alphanumeric character is causing the problem like a quote? Otherwise it is likely to be another issue and i will be unable to help.
Bogoris

Post by Bogoris »

I've got some good news : I finally manage to import all of my bookmarks. How did I do ? I searched for the wrong entry in my delicious HTML file by deleting the half of the entries first, then the half of the wrong half, etc. which finally gave me the following result :

Code: Select all

up to line 1187 : ok
   up to line 1190 : ok
      up to line 1194 : ok
         up to line 1197 : ok

up to line 1200 : fail
   up to line 1210 : fail
up to line 1250 : fail

and I discovered that the mistaken entry was that one :

Code: Select all

<DT><A HREF="Ukulele%20Xmas%20Song%20Book" LAST_VISIT="1199636173" ADD_DATE="1199636173" TAGS="tab,noel,ukulele">http://www.ukeland.com/pages/media/music/Ukulele%20Christmas%20Song%20Book.pdf</A>
because of the wrong href value.

Consequently, I deleted it, and the merged file could be successfully imported into Firefox.

Thanks a lot for you help and your script,

Bogoris
Alphablogger

Post by Alphablogger »

I received error message "unable to process the backup file" from Firefox 3 when I tried to restore the merged file. This was resolved by renaming places.sqlite to places.sqlite.old (so that a new places file would be created after Firefox restarted. Still, there are no delicious tags in my merged bookmarks.
watanabe

Post by watanabe »

Thanks thesheep. I'm happy looking at your cool site.
I haven't seen this site for long time. That's why I created similar and poor site than thesheep's. But for such as J-K (who needs to use delicious xml file), I publish site's url.
http://delicious-to-firefox3.heroku.com/
I'm sorry that it might not work well again.