Help with Windows Media Player

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
gids

Post by gids »

Hendikins wrote:Having ActiveX support - except when restricted to a whitelist of allowed controls - is quite problematic, to be honest. You get conflicts between plugins and ActiveX controls, and it isn't cross-platform either.

I do agree, sorry if I didn't make myself that clear, if it did ship I think it would have to be
1) Stable, not confict with other plugins, only ship with Windows version
2) Be restricted to exclusively Windows Media Player control. (Like in Netscape 7.1)

My reasoning was that this was an end-user enhancement added by Netscape, and Firefox is aiming to be an end user product so should have the same sort of enhancements.
Hendikins

Post by Hendikins »

Netscape is not mozilla.org. I doubt any mozilla.org build will ever ship with this.
AnonEmoose

Post by AnonEmoose »

Hendikins wrote:Netscape is not mozilla.org. I doubt any mozilla.org build will ever ship with this.
The way I see it, FireFox & mozilla already ship with ActiveX built in to the GRE just without the plugin
splatedpaintball

Post by splatedpaintball »

Windows Media will not display Album Info or Find it . It brings up an error saying it can't find the page. I'v checked my internet connection settings but it still dosn't work.

Post by Guest »

I tried the ActiveX fix listed above but it didn't work? Is it because I have Mozilla 1.7b instead of 1.6?

Post by Guest »

Wow (same poster from above), I actually fell back to 1.6, and that method still doesn't work - any ideas?
AnonEmoose

Post by AnonEmoose »

make sure u installed the correct plugin as there are different versions for 1.4 & 1.6

Post by Guest »

Yea, I did, I installed the 1.6 one, and followed all instructions carefully, including the registry change
mastavic

Post by mastavic »

I was sent here from this thread:
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 616a7620fe

I have installed the ActiveX and have the activex.js file open in Notepad, but I don't know how to edit it. There are a LOT of words in that file, and I'm not exactly sure what "this code must be the only active code in the file" means. Do I just delete everything in there and paste that code into the file?

Thanks in advance,
-=MaStA ViC
Vectorspace

Post by Vectorspace »

You can do that if you want. That will work.

Usually, every line is a setting. Any line that starts with two forward slashes - //
Or any block of code that starts with /* and ends with */ is 'commented out' which means it is inactive.
There are some lines that are not commented out - these are still active. Some of them are the same as the ones shown on the first page on this thread, but are set to a different value. You need to either comment out these lines by placing a // in front of them, or change the value to the one in the code on the first page.

If this sounds too complicated, you can just delete all the existing lines and copy the code from the first page of this thread.
"All things being equal, the simplest answer is usually the correct one" - Occam's Razor
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20110624 Thunderbird/5.0
mastavic

Post by mastavic »

I just tried everything that the first post said (I did it three times, just in case I messed up the first two times) but launch.com still did not work. Can anyone please help me?

Thank you,
-=MaStA ViC
mastavic

Post by mastavic »

I'm never gonna get help on a Stickied Topic huh? =P I wish this was a regular topic so I could bump it or something.. *sighs. No one notices this thing.

-=MaStA ViC
AnonEmoose

Post by AnonEmoose »

MaStAViC : aside from having the ActiveX plugin u must change the User Agent String... do a board search using keywords "Yahoo Launch"... u will find the answers.... i (with others) have answered this question a few times
Virtuose TK

Post by Virtuose TK »

It is possible ( I not want it ) to get WMP-Plugin for Linux?
Windows XP
Firefox 1.0.1/Nightly
Berto2K

Post by Berto2K »

I'm using Firefox 0.8 on XP, and when I try to click on a link for a video that is on WMV format, it tries to open the video as it was a web page with ascii symbols in the browser rather than openeing it with WMP. I have applied the fixes mentioned in this thread, but it hasn't done anything. Here is the page I have been trying to view the videos from: http://www.gcadvanced.com/article.php?artid=1800.

I also tried turning off the wmv plug-in to see if firefox would download the file instead of opening it but it doesn't change anything.